• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building a 24 hours of Lemons 2002 for Sept CMP

bam2002

Tom

I didn't see your car in any of the west coast even photos. Are you only doing the Freeza palooza? or did something happen to the car?

Also looks like the 02 is back on for next year. ( I have a e30 to run in Sept) The guy that was going to build up the 2nd car has decided its easier to pay a flat fee to be on another team that needs a driver. I do agree this is way easier, pay the $$ and show up. But then you have not say on how well the car is Prepped.

So I will keep the car and in the Oct time frame have time to start getting it set up. I'm going to move the engine and rear axle assembly out of the e21 and that's about it. Then put on carbs and fix up the suspension.

That's the plan for now. Ill see how things look at the end of the year.

Our plans for the M20 may be changing to a freshening of the M10... We drove the car out to the Hillsborough Concours with the LeMons Staff...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,322296

We gained two get out of jail free passes for bring our heap out to the show. :)

The next race we plan on doing is indeed the Arse Freeze Aplooza the weekend of Nov 22... We are having talks of adding two team members to make it eight... and build a second 2002 for the faster drivers...

Cheers

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• 5 months later...

Tom i saw photos of your car on the Flicker site. Also I saw the car in a few of the videos. How did you do? I also noticed the other 02 green car out there. How did the 02s run?

An other question. I am building a 69 VW beetle for next season. How did your car compare to the VW that was out there. We are going to be running a 1998 cc kit on the VW with a 48 downdraft. So it will be quick off the line but run out of steam at 80..

So give us an update on the race...

69 Baur 1600

71 Euro 02

75 02 w/ box flares

72 E3 73 E9

85 Baur 323 E30

99 Z3 coupe track car

08 Z4 coupe DD

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

we are building an m20 powered 02 for Chumpcar.

Everything is well used from the junkyard. Should go like a bat out of hell...in a straight line.

Anthony