• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye for now...

72touring

My Touring is now officially sold, and it's actually found a stellar local home. Bill Watson (of Road Rockets fame), a friend, and the builder of the current motor, bought it. The good news is I will be able to see it on occasion. The bad news is won't be mine. But I've become a BARTer, not driving the car much, and need to simplify my life, so it's time that it goes to a more fitting home. As the bumper sticker says, "The best things in life aren't things." Well, maybe some are...

Hope to see many of you at Swap and Show. I'm continuing to clear out my garage, and expect to get rid of many remaining parts and some T-shirts.

This is the first time since 1978 that I haven't owned some form of a 2002, and it's a bit of an odd feeling. My plan is to find (in a couple of years) a bone-stock 1972 Agave 2002 exactly like the first one I bought years ago in St. Louis.

Thanks for the kindness and wisdom I've felt flowing out of this community. It's beyond appreciated. My very best to all of you.

post-1249-13667604726752_thumb.jpg

Paul Huber

2000 Touring tii in 1/18 scale

Your kindness and generosity to me and my family will never be forgotten.

The book continues to play a part in our lives and the steering wheel you gave to me just finished off "Opel".

Best to you as you ride BART.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Good luck Paul. I just had the opportunity to meet you the one time at your garage sale, but I was taken with your enthusiasm and generosity toward the 02 community. All the best. The attached photo is one I took of your car while waiting for you to open the garage door that Saturday morning...

post-982-13667604729247_thumb.jpg

You'll be back...they ~always~ come back.

One nice thing about this community (and even the BMWCCA) is that ownership of a BMW is not required. Only an appreciation of the cars. This is not so with many other car clubs.

The car may be gone, but the experience and memories are still there. No reason to not drop in on the FAQ from time to time.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Thanks all. Les, please update your Touring Register with Bill Watson's info for my former car. He is in Sonoma, CA.

Will do Paul. Thanks.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17