• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'02 just sold at Barrett-Jackson

LarryE10E20

Hi all!

Check out lot #19.1 at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction. A '69 2002 sold for $12,100 (which includes the 10% buyer's premium). Nothing at all special about it, but not a fright pig either.

Larry

'73 tii

'07 Z4 M Coupe

Larry

'73 tii

'73 3.0 CS

'23 M2

As you said, not a bad car at all. These earlier cars are getting harder to find in stock trim. Just looking at the pictures that were provided, it looks like a correct 69. What was the vin#?

Some idiot will probably put big fender flares on it and paint it orange.

John

75394_Front_3-4.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

• 3 weeks later...
Well, Im the moron who bought the 2002 at barrett jackson. Might not look like anythin special in the pics but you should see it in person before you knock it. Id be willing to bet its cleaner than yours. But hey, who am I?

Ah, don't take my comment the wrong way. My car is a 69 and is not originally orange and as you can see, it has big flares.

I would love to own your car and I think you didn't do bad at all.

Welcome to the FAQ.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Well, Im the moron who bought the 2002 at barrett jackson. Might not look like anythin special in the pics but you should see it in person before you knock it. Id be willing to bet its cleaner than yours. But hey, who am I?

Congratulations ! Very nice car. Hopefully you're located in South Florida.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

Nice buy. Looks gorgeous, bet it drives as good as it looks too. 1 owner '69... wow.

congrats-

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Nice buy. Looks gorgeous, bet it drives as good as it looks too. 1 owner '69... wow.

congrats-

Scott

You guys are totally missing the joke.. good one John.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Just congratulating a new owner on a gorgeous car. That's all.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

I almost did until I saw who posted it.

Then again Harv's car was a bit of a basketcase when he got it, wasn't it? This looks to be in slightly better shape.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Hey guys, I dont really care, I was just messing around. I'm new to the 2002 sceen, but deff not new to bmw, I have owned quite a few. I also own a 91gli and mess around on vortex a little so have heard it all. Both cars are super clean and have to be seen in person to appreciate. My bmw mechanic was like "you dumb ass you spent 12k on a 02" then he saw it when i got home and he was like damn thats probabably the cleanest 02 i have ever seen you got a good buy. too bad its not a tii but it is a roundie though, I guess thats good ?