• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade in your 02 for a 7-series

Schweineback

My 740i gets significantly better mileage and emits less pollution than my 2002.

Then you aren't driving it fast enough. My 540i certainly didn't the way I drove it...

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

Small cars consistently perform worse in head-on collisions. You can:

a. fuck the environment, buy a gas guzzler and be "safe".

b. live on the edge, grow a pair of testicles and drive the hell out of your 02.

Not a choice, really :)

http://jalopnik.com/5212046/iihs-small-car-test-three-gruesome-slow+motion-crash-videos

i've read the articles and seen the video, and I still don't know what the hell they're thinkin in putting out this so-called 'study' right now. There's nothing in the least bit scientific about it, and why didn't they use any american cars (Aveo)? or even Mazdas or Nissans? or just a standard sized big car to accurately compare small cars across the board?

They're basically just scaring the crap out of people by showing a small foreign car (profitable/competitive) get destroyed in a wreck, just like any small car would. By putting these videos out right now, while gas prices are somewhat reasonable, it'll turn a crapload of people back to buying bigger and bigger cars and SUVs again...

I don't know anything about the IIHS, but I wouldn't doubt it if they were paid-off by Detroit to put this 'study' out right now.

In any case, I'll keep on riding my 60 to 70 MPG motorcycles. I'd love to see how they'd do in a similar crash test, hahah.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

i've read the articles and seen the video, and I still don't know what the hell they're thinkin in putting out this so-called 'study' right now. There's nothing in the least bit scientific about it,...

Of course there isn't. Tests like these have been done since forever. You could have seen the results coming from miles away, simply by applying Newton's 2nd and 3rd law.

Dreamed I was an Eskimo.