• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIFTYTAKEDOWNS FANTASTIC GARAGE TURBO BUiLD 9000 + stroker

To make a long story short today, *5 hours of attemtping* the motor wouldnt mate with the tranny, the trans is coming out.

tons of pictures uploading as we speak

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got motor Mated w/ tranny, bolted into mounts. and started hooking everything up.

Wiring is going to be a nightmare.......

There is also like 0 space for anything.

pictures coming up.

• 1 month later...

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

Well, The Car Ran and Drove, I drove it around, and wasn't pleased witht he CIS system. there were NO vacuum Leaks, timing was dead on, and it was getting fuel.

Im getting a new turbo, and manifold that dont Spray oil all over the place. and MEgasquirt.

I already have the sensors, and expect the computer to come this week. I took off the old manifold, and all the hokey pokey CIS stuff that I hated. and now the engine bay is much much cleaner.

soon I am to order teh ebay intercooler, and hit up the junkyard for a better T4 turbo.

Ohh the manifold in the pictures loos all funny, we were test fitting to see if manifolds could be flipped.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol updates:

055.jpg057.jpg058.jpg060.jpg061.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

EDIS on the Way

IMG_2633.jpg

Hoses in place, and Fuel system Working perfectly, currently awaiting spark for startup.

So far its Naturally aspirated Until my boost bros manifold comes. WIllb e powered off of an 300 ZX turbo. The megasquirt is almost all hooked up. just need to figure out how to dial it all in.

If anyone has any NA m10 maps send me a PM, thanks.

• 2 months later...

First on My list of concerns to finally get the Turbo on is the oil feed, and return. Seems like Ebay has some fittings for the turbo, but Im not sure if it is the right thread for what I have.

Here is what I am dealing with

IMG_2242.jpg oil line from oil filter housing

Oil Feed on turbo

IMG_2245.jpg

Oil Return on Turbo

IMG_2246.jpg

Oil Return Into Tank.

IMG_2248.jpg

Obviously the return to tank is just a hose, but there were return lines that fit to the turbo that that hose will fit over.... Defintiley will be going threaded line if I can figure out the right measurements

Next Up I got the Crank Pulley

IMG_2252.jpg

EDIS bracket

IMG_2254.jpg

pulley installed

IMG_2255.jpg

trigger sensor and pulley installed JUST BARELY clears!

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

Took a random break to seafoam the 318 and take some artsy pictures

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

Still cant figure out how to Do this Throttle Linkage

These are supposed to hook up to the Throttle body... but I have no Idea how...

IMG_2275.jpg

Linkage

IMG_2276.jpg

Linkage with the TB think I have to connect it to somehow

IMG_2278.jpg

NOW the final EDIS wiring

CoilPack

IMG_2279.jpg

TPS Wiring

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

Vacuum Lines to MAP/boost gauge

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

So you see this Red Wire is a direct power source from battery that is connected to the Megasquirt, and the Injectors simultaneously.

It is turned on, and off with a manual switch on dash think the red wires say 12 vol or soemthing

IMG_2298.jpgIMG_2294.jpg

Also there is the INJ1/INJ2 wires that go to the injectors as well..red power wire snuck into photo

IMG_2297.jpgIMG_2295.jpg

I wired the EDIS 4 Module exactly as that Diagram

edis4ew.gif

IMG_2290.jpg

IGN wire

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Pin 8 of edis4 seemed kindof Odd, so I plugged in a wire source for the power right there. which was being retreived by the coilpack. you can see how that power wire kinda t's into there

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2289.jpgpicture attached to coilpackIMG_2286.jpg

It's sort of a nest

IMG_2281.jpgIMG_2285.jpg

Aside from that stuff The turbo mounting is gonna require some elimination fo radiator support. not sure If the Turbo I have is the same as Cody's but it will seem like cutting it close:IMG_2243.jpgIMG_2244.jpgIMG_2247.jpgIMG_2249.jpgIMG_2250.jpg

CLIFFS:

Turbo Mounting problems

Car wouldnt Start, but sensors Were reading

(no 02 sensor plugged in yet)

my wiring is ratty

Need to figure out getting oil to turbo....

My Megasquirt Is already programmed with MSnS extra, so hopefully I didnt do any wiring wrong.

Nice build up! do you have the Capacitor hooked up? i did not see it in your pictures, read in post that it is very much needed.

Line from switched power goes to a T. One leg of the T goes to Pin 8 on the EDIS module, the other continues on.

That leg then goes to another T. One leg of the T goes to Pin 2 on the coil pack, the other leg goes to the 25uF capacitor and then to ground.

hope this hepls

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

Ive been looking online, and seen many different kidns of 25 Uf capacitors. I dont understand how some of them hook up to the wiring, or which is the right kind to use (from radio shack etc..)

Thanks