• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GM to pull the plug on Pontiac . . .

f1reverb

I'd dump Buick myself . . .

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/24/autos/pontiac_obit/index.htm

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors is preparing to announce that the Pontiac car brand, once marketed as GM's "Excitement division," will be killed off, according to a source familiar with the decision.

An official announcement is expected Monday. GM spokesman Jim Hopson declined to comment on Pontiac's fate, saying the automaker has no announcements to make at this time." . . .

I'd dump Buick myself . . .

actually, Buick is one of their most popular and profitable brands..... in China.

Yes, if you're driving a Buick in China, it means you've succeeded. Who the hell knows why.... but GM makes a major portion of their money from selling Buicks in China.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12801549/

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Watched the Mecum auto auction on TV last night. Chevy's were highlighted, mainly 1955 - 1969 models. Lots of cool cars produced during that timeframe. Never wanted any Chevy after that period, though. Similar sweet spot for Pontiacs as well. Mainly due to the influence of John DeLorean when he was w/Pontiac.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz