• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool car technologies you can't have now . . .

f1reverb

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30350078

Cool car technologies you can't have now

Automated steering, other in-car features face legal, regulatory concerns

updated 5:54 a.m. PT, Mon., April 27, 2009

Want your car to automatically brake to avoid a crash, fly high over traffic-clogged roads or get 100 miles per gallon? Too bad, because while all of those things are technically possible, they are impractical for legal or financial reasons, which means you can't have one anytime soon.

There are some cool possibilities out there. There are cars that can steer themselves, brake to prevent collisions, run on electric power only, fly in the air and double as boats on the water. Others can get 100 mpg, cost only $2,500 new and feature a jet fighter-style, head-up instrument display. Yet another employs split-screen video technology to let the front-seat passenger watch a movie while the car is in motion . . .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30350078

Cool car technologies you can't have now

Automated steering, other in-car features face legal, regulatory concerns

updated 5:54 a.m. PT, Mon., April 27, 2009

Want your car to automatically brake to avoid a crash, fly high over traffic-clogged roads or get 100 miles per gallon? Too bad, because while all of those things are technically possible, they are impractical for legal or financial reasons, which means you can't have one anytime soon.

There are some cool possibilities out there. There are cars that can steer themselves, brake to prevent collisions, run on electric power only, fly in the air and double as boats on the water. Others can get 100 mpg, cost only $2,500 new and feature a jet fighter-style, head-up instrument display. Yet another employs split-screen video technology to let the front-seat passenger watch a movie while the car is in motion . . .

ive seen many ads from volvo hyping their automatic braking BS, mercedes too i think. now idiots can REALLY fall asleep behind the wheel...

i dont want this at all

none of it

i enjoy steering, and breaking for that matter

its called DRIVING, and its why we all love cars so much

if you dont like driving, take the bus

School: Cornell University

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Clubs: Delta Tau Delta Fraternity

Cars:

2003 buick DD (grandpa's car, literally...)

BMW 2002 (as soon as i find one...)