• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I got my engine swapped yesterday...

2002Monster

I took everybodies advice and didn't touch the car all weekend....and I tried to stay out of the garage altogether.....

I had dreams though....

So yesterday I took the high horsepower engine, and put a good used engine into the car....hooked everything up and made sure everything is tight and where it was supposed to be.....everything was kosher...

So today I filled up the coolant....turned the key....STARTED....watched it for a bit...no leaks.....but now I need to change the thermostat.....oh well...

Clutch may need to be bled, and the rear brakes need to be adjusted.

YEAH!!!!!! I think I might end going to V at the V at the end of the month....

deep breath and then reattack the problem.

See ya at V@V...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Bring the Monster & join us that Fri. am. We will be running a caravan to Vintage as we have the past several years. We meet at a Bob Evans Restaurant in Beavercreek near Mike Self's house. The B.E. Restaurant is just off State Route 35 which we take east into WV. You are very welcome to join us. Sounds as though we will have some visitors Thurs. night just before that when BLUNT & co. pull through our area & join up with us..... The more the merrier.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

(1) You can pitch a tent here at my house. (Kettering is close to Beavercreek, Ohio.)

(2) Bob Evans Restaurant 3409 Seajay Drive, Beavercreek, OH 45430 (@ Rt. 35 & N. Fairfield Rd. exit)

(3) I favor leaving at 0800 hrs. -- that's not been nailed down yet.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

we're hopefully joining up with some Cincy/northern KY caravanners where US 35 intersects with I-71, about 30 mins east of Beavercreek.

If you're gonna join us, drop me an e-mail and I'll add you to the caravan mailing list.

And bring an FRS radio if you have one--that's how we keep the caravan together.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite