• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOT: No flying to St Maarteen for moi!!

dubois

I've landed there a bunch of times. Not in anything as big as that stuff. It looks a lot worse than it is. I think the runway is 8K feet long or so. There is a big mountain at the other end.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Landed there 25 years ago. No prob. Being on the beach at the hotel (I think the name of it was the Caravanswa or something like that) at the end of the landing strip was pretty wild,lots of noise & blowing sand. If you think that's bad,try landing at St. Barts. Runway ends in a bay that back then had a couple of planes parked in it.

Landed there 25 years ago. No prob. Being on the beach at the hotel (I think the name of it was the Caravanswa or something like that) at the end of the landing strip was pretty wild,lots of noise & blowing sand. If you think that's bad,try landing at St. Barts. Runway ends in a bay that back then had a couple of planes parked in it.