• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SFSP gtg on May 9, 2009

Our headcount of confirmed attendees is now up to 14. I still have 3 maybes on the list. That is a respectable number, but I envision at least 15 '02's in caravan on the 9th! May is gonna be great since many of us will also be going to Vintage later in the month. See you very soon!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

In regard to meals & stuff while we are at Salt Fork. Fri. eve. is a free-for-all. There are lots of restaurants at the 178 exit off I-70 (Cambridge exit at route 209). Sat. am before the drive, I suggest you eat at the lodge w/in the park. Sat. lunch will be at Heini's Gourmet Mkt. in Sugarcreek, OH along the route we will be on. Sat. dinner will be at my cottage: hot dogs, brats, beer, salad, etc. Sun. am: we could dine at the lodge or down at exit 178 where there is a Cracker Barrel and many other EATS. Dang it, that Scott Sturdy fellow says he's too busy getting ready for Vintage at the Vineyard. The nerve! :);)

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Great! I just bought loads of stuff for Sat. night's cookout at my cottage. Guys: feel free to bring whatever you want for drinks, etc. I will supply all the basics that night. Our cottage will have a black BMW banner displayed prominently. (swiped from my son's teen-cave) My son, Alec, will be out of the picture; he will be at a prom in Columbus. My daughter, Veronica, will be at a Birthday Party on Sat., so she will stay in Dayton for the weekend. It will be me, Mary, and Ni-Ni (7 y.o.) this go-around. Mary informs me that she will pass on Vintage, so Alec will definitely be my able copilot for Vintage! Love the packet that Scott cooked up for all registrants. Clever stuff.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Wow! I had a great time! Thanks to all attendees. You guys were easy to have at a gtg and you get along famously. It was great to meet some new, younger fellers this time. You bring new energy to the whole '02 craziness. Thanks to the wives, gf's, &/or s.o.'s who came out for the event 100% or managed to put up with this obsession for a couple of days! The weather looked like it was going to be a major factor. Downpours were projected for the weekend, but we mostly had gorgeous weather. Mechanical mishaps were quite minimal, so we had smooth running. Anyhow, great to see all of you. A special thanks to Mike Pugh, Aubrey and Susie Hall for coming such great distances to be with us at SFSP!

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Jim

Thanks again from Aubrey, Susie and I for a wonderful time Am in Va now at Mom's and A&S made it safely to their kids folks in Northern VA for Mother's Day.

We had a wonderful time at Salt Fork Stete park and driving around Amish country yesterday. Very beautiful countryside and great roads. And a special thanks to you and Linda for the wonderful cookout last night. It was very nice meeting some of the midwest brethren and seeing old friends as well. I took a few pics:

Our arrival at the lodge

Photobucket

Our accomodations for the weekend

Photobucket

Jim getting final instructions from the boss before the drive about driving too fast :)

Photobucket

Tom and Sue Madine and their award winning Agave (all original!!!)

Photobucket

Jim did a great job planning the route and leading us all around the Amish countryside and keeping the dozen cards together.

Photobucket

Jim whomped us with a very tough trivia contest, won by Carl (what's an EMW???????? Does it have 02 parts on it? :)

Photobucket

See yall in a few weeks at the Vintage!

Props to Jim for putting this rendezvous together. Jim, you did a fabulous job! The location was great for spending the weekend and for our 150 miler. I appreciate the time and effort you put in to this event.

-Nate

post-2883-13667606145827_thumb.jpg

post-2883-13667606147794_thumb.jpg

1974 2002-fjord

2001 Audi A4 Avant

Looks like a great time and perfect venue. Wish I could have made it. Respectfully (as I have org'ed events in the past and know that it it takes time and effort), have you considered another date that is not sandwiched between Mid-America 02fest and V@V, and does not conflict with Mother's Day? There are many events starting in late April through May and then really nothing much until Fall. Would love to come in the future but can't make it work with your timing. Congrats again on a nice event.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

No offense taken. Next go-round, I will host an event showcasing the fall colors. THERE IS TOO MUCH STUFF going on in May. You are correct, sir! I may rework the SFSP gtg and make it better. People really enjoyed it, unless I am badly mistaken... ha ha. Ironically, the Mother's Day weekend is what kept me away from Vintage for 2 yrs. I don't know why I went and did the same thing, but I am LEARNING. :) We could easily have had way more than 12 '02's if the date was closer to ideal. Very fun, nonetheless.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Thanks for putting together a great event, Jim. I had a lot of fun. It was nice to see some familiar faces and also to meet new people and hear new stories. Hopefully I'll see a few of you at the vintage races at Mid Ohio next month.

Karl

post-300-1366760615963_thumb.jpg

post-300-1366760616137_thumb.jpg

post-300-13667606163373_thumb.jpg

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

No offense taken. Next go-round, I will host an event showcasing the fall colors. THERE IS TOO MUCH STUFF going on in May. You are correct, sir! I may rework the SFSP gtg and make it better. People really enjoyed it, unless I am badly mistaken... ha ha. Ironically, the Mother's Day weekend is what kept me away from Vintage for 2 yrs. I don't know why I went and did the same thing, but I am LEARNING. :) We could easily have had way more than 12 '02's if the date was closer to ideal. Very fun, nonetheless.
Thanks. It looks like a great venue. I look forward to your Fall event and to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.