• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

engine swap

Hi all,

I am planning in change my engine (Stock – 1bbl Weber) & transmission (4 speed) in couple months, my car is a 1970 and I just finish the paint/body and interior, I was looking for M20, S14 or rebuild my, but how about a NON BMW engine & transmission I can use for a swap, something affordable and does not require changing brakes/differential/ etc.. , just asking.

Thanks all ........... JCorrea

as if on cue, found this on another forum...

2002.JPG

2002%20%284%29.JPG

2002%20%286%29.JPG

and from m5board guy: "Here are some other cool cars from the event. The first is possibly the neatest car there. It's a 2002 running a blown Mazda rotory engine putting down 419rwhp! Coming off turn 9 it accelerated as fast as my 470hp S2! I also loved it's stance and overall aesthetic"

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I'll sell you a 1985 RX7 with about 60 miles on the supercharged 12a rotary motor. That would give a lot of bang for the buck

Hi Andy

Thanks for the offer but no $$ now.

Sebandwhit go for !!

Thanks all ........... JCorrea

I LOVE the idea of a rotary BMW. not only does it piss off the BMW purists, but damn near everyone seems to hate rotors too, so it's a win win.

i guess I am just antisocial.

1973 2002 Rally car

1984 323i 2.7L

1996 Suzuki RGV

1991 Honda RS125R

1999 KX250

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

The blue car above was owned/built by Gary Schultz here in SoCal. John Norris at GT International did a lot of the hands-on setup. I don't know if Gary still owns the car, I seem to remember hearing that it was sold a few years ago.

Gary, are you out there?

• 2 weeks later...

No Sh*t? I know John Norris Personally, didn't know he helped on the build. That thing is amazing

Getting ready to start my 1602 with manual moon roof project.. The day has come

Soon to come S38 heart and plenty more.

Also own a E36 M52B28 OBD1 converted with extra goodies..