• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this look like Paris?

TonyHavana

It sure doesn't.

English signs, small license plate on the bimmer 3 series in fornt of the wine store, $ signs on the restaurant menu, and the list goes on.

Pictures probably taken somewhere in Canada

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

Thanks for the quick responses. Man, you guys are picky! Actually your comments convince me that it is enough like Paris for our purposes. I was more concerned with the architecture and overall vibe.

I guess I owe you a little more background info.

I took these pictures yesterday, so it is definitely Toronto.

But I am trying to find an area in Toronto that looks enough like Paris, to shoot part of a commercial where the opening scenes are supposed to be Paris. We just don't want to go to Paris to shoot it. Or Quebec City, or Montreal. (actually we would like to go to any of these places, but budgets today don't really allow it, so we improvise)

If we actually decide to shoot here we would prabably change the tables and chairs, and add some typical french umbrellas, flags and signage.

And clear the street of North American cars and strategically place a couple of French cars and scooters. And in the background behind the buildings, you would see the Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomphe. And since it will be a moving image, and only a few seconds in total, it should be enough to get the idea across.

Thanks again for all the imput.

Tony,

FWIW, after the other comments, it's close enough to a Paris sidewalk cafe as, say, this real one:

2597782620029520078KISqwF_th.jpg

(click on the image for full-size)

As you mentioned, a few umbrellas, some scooters and a 2CV might help convince the hoi polloi.

Good Luck on the shoot.

Delia[/url]

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

You couldn't convince me, the buildings don't look the same height (the high rise on the background is a easy give away) and too many colors. The architecture is too modern too. It does have the ambience, and I think it would fool people most people. Certainly not my wife or me, we don't even use maps to get around anymore.

FAQ Member # 91

Hey Michael. The new building in the BG would be taken out and the Eiffel Tower or other iconic Parisian structure would be comped in. Remember it's only for a few seconds and if all the foreground pieces, sign, cars, street lamps, umbrellas, etc., are all screaming France, then it will probably fool MOST people.

But your point is well taken.