• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Formula1 Spanish GP discussion - Spoilers inside

scestes

So I'll have to say, when I saw that Jenson took a different pit strategy than Rubens, I thought to myself "Well, Rubens is once again taking second seat to another driver, and he never should have left the big red team to begin with". Now I hear in post race interviews that Ross Brawn would never do that to him, and if he did, he'd walk (direct from Rubens mouth). Rubens told reporters that if he found out decisions were being made that favored Jenson, he'd "put his boots up and call it a day" because he's "much bigger than that". Methinks he needs to find a shoebox for those boots. He's lucky to have the drive and there are a lot of younger drivers I am sure would drive a lot better. He should drive the car and be happy he's making podiums. He's not better than that...

I was disappointed to see Buemi taken out in the first lap. He'd been doing pretty well for a rookie, and I honestly didn't give him enough credit. I never thought he'd do as well as he has been when I heard he was being given a F1 ride. I thought his GP2 career was somewhat unimpressive. I don't think he's one of the great drivers of this era, but he seems consistent, especially for a rookie.

The racing between Webber and Alonso into turn 1 was awesome. The two of them gave each other just enough room to be respectful during some very fast breaking passes. Amazing moves by them both. Incredible work by both drivers.

Ferrari. WTF... That's all I can say. Team Filipe worrying about having enough gas to make it to the end.. What, you guys new or something? Kimi has more reliability issues... This team is really regretting not offering Brawn whatever he wanted after his one year sabbatical.

The crash on lap one made me cringe. Seeing Bordais go over the top of Buemi scared the hell out of me, but I'm curious why Trulli felt the need to come right back onto the track knowing the whole field was going by. Seemed like a huge rookie move to me.

I was disappointed that Vettel wasn't able to make it past Massa. I think he would have been able to give Webber a run for his money if he had made a mistake. Webber looked very strong though, so I'm sure would have finished the same.

Our beloved BMW drivers were better than last race, but 7th and 11th aren't anything to be excited about. I am hopeful that the recent interview with Dr. Mario is right and that we have something to look forward to for Monaco. Nick and Robert could use something to help them get over this lackluster beginning. I had high hopes for BMW this year. I think we've got a couple of pretty good drivers, but I think they're both in a bit of a rut.

I personally think the whole Bridgestone tire thing is a catastrophe. There is no reason they should compromise the abilities of the car by giving them an inferior tire to use on the track. To me, it's unsafe and goes against everything they do to try to make the sport safer. Give the teams 2 compounds to use fine, but don't give them a huge gap between performance like they're doing now.

9 days until Monaco Thursday practice. I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements all the teams can create and bring to the track with them for the next race.

p.s. My heart skipped a beat during the GP2 race when I saw the accident between Parente and di Grassi when Parente's right rear tire ended up on top of di Grassi's helmet. The Speed report said there was a tire mark left on di Grassi's helmet, but he was not injured at all.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

The official logic behind the disparity between tire compounds is to increase passing opportunities...seems fans were complaining about the former season's lack there of. That's also the reasoning behind the wider, driver adjustable front wings so that staying in the wake of the car ahead wouldn't eliminate the chance to pass.

I must say the overtaking is better this year...not sure if it's the result of these modifications or the simple lack of equality amongst the performance of the cars. I'm sure Bridgestone and Eccelstone will claim it was their brilliant ideas but I'm pretty sure it's the later...in Ferrari's case "push to pass" is "push to break".

-s

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)