• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 US Based F1 Teams for 2010?

scestes

So during the Spanish GP this weekend, the Speed TV team let a little cat out of the bag. Apparently for 2010 there are going to be 2 US Based F1 teams rounding out the field of competitors on the F1 grid. As many of you know, Peter Windsor is heading up a team and that news was released at the beginning of the season.

I am curious who is heading up the other team, and I'm also wondering when they plan on announcing driver lineups for these teams. Additionally, I'm curious if this new team will also use the new Cosworth spec engine that Bernie is pushing down the throats of everyone that comes into F1 now.

Now the sugary part. When do we get the Canadian and US GP weekends back? Bernie, has to be feeling the pressure from the major manufacturers (with exception to Renault) to bring these races back to North America. I think this is even more true now that 2 US teams are entering the run for World Champion.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

Formula 1 dot com is saying that Aston Martin & Lola are coming back if the salary cap is indeed in effect. 13 teams by their count so far for 2010.

They also have a nice write up on the new F1 video game that should be out for PS3 & Wii by years end then a complete version for all machines (xbox, ps3, wii, etc) by 2010. All I can say is FINALLY...what the hell took them so long?

Wii Formula 1...that's gonna be hell on the elbows running Manaco.

-s

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)

I don't know how they can expect teams to run under the budget constraints they're suggesting. They're asking the team to bundle all of the car's operating costs, but not costs related to travel, lodging and other things, into a 40 million pound sterling package. Anything that makes the car go on the track including staff and drivers and anything that needs to be developed, manufactured, etc, for that cost. I think for Ferrari, the drivers pay chews up half of that budget. How much does Alonso get paid?

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com