• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Honda joins the fight in the Rolex Sportscar Series

scestes

So I didn't catch it on last weeks Speed Report, but they said towards the end of the episode that Honda is going to join the series at this coming weekends Laguna Seca event. I find it interesting that not 3 months after walking away from Formula 1 citing operational costs after doing almost nothing in the World Championship, they start racing in the Rolex Sportscar series.

Could it be that perhaps Bernie wasn't listening to their request to bring F1 back to North America, or did they really just feel the operational costs of competing in F1 were just too high in this economy.

Additionally, they did not say which Italian manufacturer, but the Speed Report said that a large Italian manufacturer would also start competing in the series later in the season.

It sounds to me like the Rolex Sportscar series is going to get more interesting.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com