• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bosch Dual Horns-Triumph Jaguar MG BMW

penth2o

You always see these advertised:

Bosch Dual Horns-Triumph Jaguar MG BMW

I don't think I have ever seen them on any BMW. What model has anyone seen these on?

I have a few VW's with them on as they were an accessorie sold in the 60's and were popular with that crowd.

d5b5_1.jpg

Twin Horns were available from the parts book.

Fiamm were 510 & 410Hz, Hella were 400 & 335Hz and Bosch 420 & 335Hz. The Hella & Bosch are still available at like $50 each.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I just picked up a pair of the Hella's, which I understand are fairly similar, at Carlisle. Im going to mount them by monday, ill let you know how they work and sound/

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Hella's & Bosch sound good.

I have two sets of early 6 volt for the 59 rag & 63 ghia and three sets of 12 volt for three other dubs.

I was wondering what BMW models used these as I have never seen them on any BMW.

Golf73: ~i don't always see those advertised - where do you always see them advertised? ~

They are all over Fleabay all the time. You can get them on Samba also.

02Les: Thanks. I looked them up in the parts book. They were an option. Does anyone have a pic of an 02 with these mounted?

Wondering if they would look cheesy or could it be pulled off. Do you know of the placement where they put these

Hi Arshloch,

I was thinking more on the lines of original options with some hint of style not Friggen semi truck air horns!!!

I don't know if your reply was sarcastic or not (hard to tell on a computer) but those air horns are brutal. I don't think they could look good on anything but a semi.

If your into early VW's you know what I'm hinting at with the fanfare horns.

JG,

Your a dubber man.

Too whored up? I was playing with the idea. The fogs are going on for sure but the horns put down under where my cheesy old fogs are, I was playing with. These are taped on. The horn would go further to the left in place of the old fog that is tucked backward. More or less centered between the fog and headlight. Squint yer eyes and picture the horn shifted to the left & the nasty old fog gone. I also have some grille badges that I had when I lived oversea's. I must be bored on a Saturday to be thinking of this shit. Don't mind the bug spattered front.

Give it to me straight JG.

nt

nt

100_7226.jpg

100_7210.jpg

100_7217.jpg

Well...

The primered VW is quite loaded up on the accessories - not my style.

Gives a new meaning to the term "bug catcher" mounting those horns below the bumper. I would mount them behind the grill to replace your existing factory horns, but that's just my opinion. IMHO, the '68 and later Bugs look really good with those horns.

I always love to see the safety inspectors jump when loud horns are used in lieu of the factory wimpy ones. My long-gone '75 Beetle had a twin trumpet Fiamm(sp) brand air horn that scared everyone (but me). I mounted the red plastic horns in the D.S. fenderwell and the compressor under the hood. My current VW has the stock Hella horn.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Thanks JG.

After a good nights sleep I looked at this post and said WTF was I thinking.

That would look like hell. I don't know what I was doing except being bored and putzing around the garage trying to sort & inventory parts.

These would not look good on an 02 and are better served for a VW.