• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wtb nice daily driver in or around nc

quinnster

hey all,

i'm the foolish schmuck that got taken by tom stout for $5500. by the way, i won my case in nc court, tom never showed, he still hasn't come up w/the car or $, he moved to tennessee and now i'll be back in court w/him there. in the meantime i've decided that i'll take a loan and keep my search up for a car.

i'm looking for a clean ( prefer roundie, minimal rust, strong engine, nice interior) car that would serve as the occasional daily driver - weekend drives and short distances in nice weather to different gatherings. i am by no means a mechanic or car guy. i am not looking for a project. i just love the ol o2. as for price, i could see dropping $4,000 - 7,000.

any leads - lemme know cheers, mike

Hi Mike,

I think I remember that you are in Apple Chill? I still love it down there...My advice, with the Vintage at the Vineyards next weekend, would be to attend, and make a white t-shirt with a black sharpie that says "WTB...roundie in good shape, good home, ready to roll"....Or something to that effect. Many of the guys/gals have more than one or know of one available. Captive audience. Great net-working. I know of a 73 Golf tii roundie that will be in attendence that is for sale (more $ than you are talking), but you get the idea. A few there will probably be for sale, with 150 experts on hand to help evaluate! Hope to see you there. I'll be in a 76 Nevada, come say hello... Dave V. in western NC

Hey Dave - thanks for the email. Yep Chapel Thrill is where I'm at. I think I'll come to the event next week. I was thinking of doing that. It starts next Friday and non 02 folks are welcome? Winston Salem? I'll check it out on line. What's the asking price for the Tii? Is it way about my price range? I noticed a 74 on Ebay for $8500. Looks like a pretty sweet car. I just struggle w/the idea of spending over a grand to ship. Anyhow - if you see a guy w/a sign around his neck or a t-shirt w/wtb - that's me. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...