• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V@V Caravan from Dayton OH--more info:

Everyone who has an FPS (walkie-talkie) radio, bring it; that's how we'll stay together in traffic.

For all you out-of-towners who are overnighting in Dayton, please join Jim Denker and me for some dinner Thursday night. Tomorrow's bulletin will have time and location.

For those of you with GPS or Mapquest, our starting point here in Beavercreek is the Bob Evans restaurant, 3409 Seajay Drive, Beavercreek. It's near the US 35/North Fairfield Rd interchange. Seajay Drive begins directly opposite from the top of the eastbound US 35 exit ramp at US 35. Please be there by 7:30 am for a driver's meeting and rapid departure. We have folks joining up with us en route and thus need to keep to schedule at least through the first part of the trip.

Drop me an e-mail if you have questions or need additional info.

Cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

That's what I like: a sense of adventure. Will it come complete with a weak cooling system? You know, it's kind of toasty with the heat on full blast......yeah, you know that already. See you Fri. early.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

on how long our lunch break is, traffic on the WV Tpk etc. Drop me an e-mail with your cell phone number and I'll send you mine so we can call and try to synchronize our arrival at Beckley...

If people wanted to wait lunch until we got to Tamarack (big service plaza on the turnpike near Beckley) it would be a good spot to meet up.

Lemme know.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Make sure you calibrate where you meet at the Tamarak stop.

The gas station and I believe a small coffee shop is at the bottom of the knoll and the world class craft center and restaurant (once operated by the five star Greenbrier) is on top of the knoll. The fried green tomato sandwich is to die for.

Don't let the shoppers close to the craft center. The talent for sale there is incredible.

I believe the WV Turnpike is now taking EZ Pass. Be careful on the turnpike!

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Just to second what Bill said about Tamarak A must stop for anyone from out of town and traveling We have eaten there twice in the last month, on the trip to Ark and on the trip to Ohio. Much better than fast food down the hill And the WV crafts are incredible Allow some time to wander.

And Bill is right about EZ Pass on the turnpike, but with an 02, you can pass everyone you get behind at the tolls any way

Safe travels all!!!!