• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V at the V: the last word?

02Les

Need to give our thanks to Scott & Patti for an amazing event. It was one long drive, but thoroughly worth every mile. Great to meet people for the first time and meet up with "old Friends". The wings-pizza-beer party on Sat night was blast.

We took it easy on the way back with two overnight stops and rolled into San Antonio late afternoon yesterday (Tues).

Last Wednesday, when we started out, I wasn't sure Da Beater would make the end of our street, but it, and the Touring never missed a beat.

So........where to next?

Les & Yvonne Cartwright

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

California, my friend. California. Mike Pugh said if I'll do it, he'll do it.

Greg & I had a blast with yall. If Tim does "Der Krewe of '02" again I hope yall can make it. Peace!

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Les

It was nice to finally meet you after all these years of communicating I am glad that you made it home safe and sound. A true enthusiast for sure!

Okay Chris, when do we leave Michael said we could stay at his ranch. With all the talk from the guys on the left coast about a caravan, I am thinking we need to buy one of those nice rust free cars and fly out and drive it back with those guys Whaddya say? In the mean time, I will be going through 02 withdrawal. Every two weeks since Arkansas I have been some place. Wait a minute, Gold Cup is in two weeks The panel aint been anywhere this Hmmm Think I will check with the boss and see if its ok

Look forward to seeing yall again soon, maybe Pittsburgh eh?

Now that "Celeste" survived the 750 RT mile trip to V@V without any problems, I'm confident she'll take me to next years' Arky event. Maybe I'll swing down to NC and hang with UVA Cavalier Mike.

ps: Anyone have a good spare 245 O.D. tranny?

All by my lonesome self on I-66 Eastbound.

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Jim,

I missed meeting you, in person, at Vintage. I did check out your car. I'm certain that those floormats I forgot to bring along are a perfect match. Your cocomats look good though.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Greg & I had a blast with yall. If Tim does "Der Krewe of '02" again I hope yall can make it. Peace!

It was great meeting up with you again Skip, and to meet Greg who looks like he's going to be a real enthusiast too.

California eh? I'm game if my work doesn't have me in some other part of the World.

Cheers.

Les

FAQ Member #17

Les,

It was great meeting you and Yvonne last weekend. I am the guy Yvonne offered a cold Lone Star, it hit the spot. See you guys next the V@V.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

It was great meeting up with you again Skip, and to meet Greg who looks like he's going to be a real enthusiast too.

California eh? I'm game if my work doesn't have me in some other part of the World.

Cheers.

October 24, 2009 Los Angeles http://www.socalvintagebmw.com/index.html 2nd annual SoCal Vintage BMW meet. You guys can travel route 66 from east to west, picking up more participants along the way. Heck, we could drive to Arizona or Barstow and meet you to drive back to LA. Then again, putting you up in Santa Barbara could be a possibility too.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Les

It was nice to finally meet you after all these years of communicating I am glad that you made it home safe and sound. A true enthusiast for sure!

Okay Chris, when do we leave Michael said we could stay at his ranch. With all the talk from the guys on the left coast about a caravan, I am thinking we need to buy one of those nice rust free cars and fly out and drive it back with those guys Whaddya say? In the mean time, I will be going through 02 withdrawal. Every two weeks since Arkansas I have been some place. Wait a minute, Gold Cup is in two weeks The panel aint been anywhere this Hmmm Think I will check with the boss and see if its ok

Look forward to seeing yall again soon, maybe Pittsburgh eh?

Mike,

Likewise - real good to finally meet up with you.

Pittsburgh eh? Heck it's only a 100 miles further than the NC trip! As we Brits say - it's a doddle.

Cheers.

Les

FAQ Member #17

Les,

It was great meeting you and Yvonne last weekend. I am the guy Yvonne offered a cold Lone Star, it hit the spot. See you guys next the V@V.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

Earl,

Sorry about that Lone Star - I had forgotten to put all the Newcastle Brown Ale in the cooler (lol)!

Hopefully, we can make next years V@V, if work allows.

Les

FAQ Member #17

Randy - sorry we didn't meet.

Next year - I'm voting for stick-on type name tags.

Jim,

I missed meeting you, in person, at Vintage. I did check out your car. I'm certain that those floormats I forgot to bring along are a perfect match. Your cocomats look good though.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"