• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Relay (Found one!)

ought2

I recently posted this here and on the tii registry. Tough to find one that the exterior casing hasn't corroded, the mounting bracket is loose and the Hella markings worn off. I polished my old one with a red Scotch-brite pad to make it look better.

This would be a very nice reproduction part.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Be careful drilling the old rivets from the housing. If you drill too far, you might ruin the relay.

You might try to spread the existing rivets out more by tapping on the exposed head - or try putting some silicone around that junction to keep the canister secured to the bracket.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

My bracket is completely loose from the relay. It had been zip tied to the bracket through that center hole. I tried epoxy, liquid steel, mushrooming the bracket rivets. The holes on the canister are bigger now than the rivet heads. I'm still looking for a good one if anyone has an extra. Thanks for the suggestions!

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg