• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recomendations for 13" wheels, please

dubois

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also love the ATS classics. Offset (20mm???) may be difficult with 205's but would should work with 185's. In terms of the big brake conversion I contacted ATS about this wheel and was told that there is 12mm between the mounting surface and the spokes. I think that may be enough but you should measure that distance (caliper clearance) regardless of which wheel you take. Like the minilites- period correct but new- used on the heidigger le mans car:

http://www.bmw2002.be/

relatively affordable 13x7 wheel.

If I had a 13" tire selection in Japan I'd already have a pair of these........

HTN, SSR, etc = $$$$$

$$$$'s not withstanding my first choice however would be BBS e30 (not the car but the wheel series.....)

http://www.bbs-racing-wheels.com/seiten/htm.txt/e30e.htm

e30.jpg

I also love the ATS classics. Offset (20mm???)

]

I believe you can still get 13X6 ET 27 new..they have a dealer here in the states but i'm sure you can get them in Japan as well. I sent an e-mail to this guy and he responded quickly.

Johann Schmidt

Verkauf Export

Export Sales

ATS Leichtmetallräder GmbH

Bruchstr. 34

67098 Bad Dürkheim

Germany

Tel.: +49 (0) 63 22 / 9 50 87 - 871

Fax: +49 (0) 63 22 / 9 50 87 - 885

e-mail: j.schmidt@ats-wheels.com

Web: www.ats-wheels.com

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I too prefer the 13" wheels on a 2002.

For what it's worth, I have E21 basketweave alloys on my car, with 205/60/13 tires. They fit over the big brakes in front (5-series, etc) and also have no fitment problems with the tie rods. I've also never had any problems using them with rubbing on the fender wells in a few other 2002s. Not always the fanciest or the rarest, but hey, they work.....

vince

I too prefer the 13" wheels on a 2002.

For what it's worth, I have E21 basketweave alloys on my car, with 205/60/13 tires. They fit over the big brakes in front (5-series, etc) and also have no fitment problems with the tie rods. I've also never had any problems using them with rubbing on the fender wells in a few other 2002s. Not always the fanciest or the rarest, but hey, they work.....

vince

those E21 basketweaves are made by Mahle. they look great on both roundies and spongebob squaretails.

Begin shameless plug....

I have a set of ATS classics in 13x6 ET30 that I'm selling if anyone is interested... The are easily a 9 out of 10 and currently have a new set of Sumitomo's in 185/60

The picture below is a few years old.

IMG_3526.jpg

If anyone is interested contact me through the forum for additional info and fresh pictures.

KC

End shameless plug.

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

Michael, you didn't state which big brake setup you're going to use with 13" wheels.

If you plan to use the Girling/Volvo type of caliper, then you will be limited (in my opinion) to 13" steel wheels. The 5-1/2" tii steel wheel that was used in '72 and '73 is a good choice, and just fits over the Girling calipers on my car with the Girling calipers. Even better are the Borrani 13" x 6" steel wheels, that have a nicer profile in back to provide plenty of clearance for a large caliper. The Borrani steel wheels are, however, much heavier then the tii steel wheels.

Has anyone tried to fit a 13" alloy over Lee's Wildwood caliper designed for use with an E21 255mm vented rotor? It looks as though the Wildwood caliper tucks a little closer to the rotor than the big heavy Girling caliper.

Larry

Begin shameless plug....

I have a set of ATS classics in 13x6 ET30 that I'm selling if anyone is interested... The are easily a 9 out of 10 and currently have a new set of Sumitomo's in 185/60

IMG_3526.jpg

If anyone is interested contact me through the forum for additional info and fresh pictures.

KC

End shameless plug.

Begin shameless plug....

IMG_3526.jpg

KC

I'm interested, how much do you want. Thanks Mike

End shameless plug.

Thank you for all your inputs, I think I found what I was looking for. I will post once they are mounted. I can't wait to get that feel back!

what did you decide on?...

P.S

Wife mailed the check. thanks.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti