• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Midwest Get-To-Gather?

robspeed

V@V looked like a ridiculously awesome event... but its freakin far away for a lot of us.

Who has ideas for the cornpatch bombers out here in the midwest/rust belt/etc.?

1) site - location

2) date - how about next spring

3) name - might have something to do with the date or the site

Ideas, people! ;)

eastern OH this past May. Jim Denker did his usual great organization, laid out a great drive through Amish country and hosted a cookout at the park. A dozen '02s and their keepers came from east and west.

No reason why we can't organize a similar weekend at a state park in Western OH or Eastern IN...perhaps a fall venue so as not to be too close to either Arkansas or V@V....

Whadda y'all think?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Rob: I will be heading to the Windy City Gtg, joining up w/Larry and Ben of Indpls. This fall, Jason Gipson is hosting an event in the Cincinnati area. Yes, you did miss a good one at SFSP on May 9th. How about a trip to see the Auburn-Cord-Duesenburg museum in Auburn, IN? Isn't there a Studebaker museum in Indiana as well??Since anyone is welcome to throw an event, I am eager to hear more from everyone in the MW.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Rob: I will be heading to the Windy City Gtg, joining up w/Larry and Ben of Indpls. This fall, Jason Gipson is hosting an event in the Cincinnati area. Yes, you did miss a good one at SFSP on May 9th. How about a trip to see the Auburn-Cord-Duesenburg museum in Auburn, IN? Isn't there a Studebaker museum in Indiana as well??Since anyone is welcome to throw an event, I am eager to hear more from everyone in the MW.

Yeah may wasnt a good time for me, but things are beginning to look up in general in the putting-life-back-together arena. makes me want to get out and be part of the real world again! :D also to do situps so i dont look like a giant fat idiot, just a giant idiot, in pictures. =)

i still gotta get a 1602 badge for the e30, to sneak past the 02 gtg guards with... ;)

obie30_156.jpg

post-139-13667607289136_thumb.jpg

There are a few folks currently working on just what you're talking about. Pls stay tuned. More info to follow. I'm guessin' early October and not all that far away from you.

mac.

Yeah, I see that you found the RGB post Rob. Cool.

Here's the link for anyone else interested: http://tinyurl.com/pbk5vx

We are really looking forward to hosting a GTG. My wife an I are all about it. I recommend that if anyone intends to get a room for the night on Friday or Saturday, do it soon. The Pumpkin Run is a big event much like V@V was for us.

I will get the itinerary laid out and posted later in the summer!!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002