• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you guys drive your car in the rain?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the time for the last 35 years....daily driver.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

post-292-13667607290147_thumb.jpg

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Absolutely! I restored my car to drive it and I don't let a bit of rain stop me :) If I have to restore it again at some point so be it but I believe cars do better if they're regularly driven regardless of the weather. Plus I feel I have so much rust protection product on the underside I should have shares in the company that produced it!

Maybe if in the US you had more of what us Brits called "roundabouts" you would be out there in the rain with me and Nick grinning like idiots :D

'73 tii arancio borealis - finished?!

'74 lux fjord - gone :(

'73 3.0csi polaris

i wont take it out if its raining but if i get caught in it oh well. drive the hell out of them. you can restore them in another 20 years

i do remember the first time i got caught in the rain and thought about how nice and clean my underside WAS. it only hurts for a little bit

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Guest Anonymous

I live in New Orleans where it rains for weeks on end and an occasional hurricane. I just keep my sunroof closed.

On the other hand: I never have to drive in the snow!

Don't let Blunt fool you. He drives his car so little in the rain that he doesn't even have windshield wipers. Isn't that correct Steve.

HA!

Randy Anderson

at the next event you may want to hire an armed sentinel to stand guard near your cowl. i know yours works and i need one

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

absolutely, yes. If you are getting water inside the trunk check to see that you have the oval plugs near the trunk hinges. You may also have some sort of snorkel that fills that hole. Water will get in there if they don't fit tight.

I really have to adjust my driving in the rain. I love to use my lsd to steer me in in the turns, but when it is wet, it will do a 360 if I am not gentle with the gas. At the lights though, while everybody is spinning, I am gone! Love it!

FAQ Member # 91

I used to until my 70 was wrecked in wet conditions with its skinny tires that don't grip well in the rain. It's not worth risiking another 02's death. I don't worry about washing the 67 though, I just dry it good and I live in (relatively) rust-free California...

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600