• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you guys drive your car in the rain?

Thanks for all the advice. Actually it was raining cats and dogs the first time my car was driven from Petaluma to Sta Barbara and thats the first 500 miles of my car. I even washed it right away in those self serve car wash before Bimmerfest. I figured thats the reason why I had all my seems sealed. Then someone told me about water retention and thats what got stuck in my head till now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I have no garage, my car gets wet if I drive it or not. But really guys it's a car, not the Mona Lisa. 02's in the rain are a grin building experience....

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

NEVER! - unless your at an event and it starts to rain - your stuck,

have fun and engage your brain - and less gas pedal.

1979SkipBarberFFordfront.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I fall into the 'try to avoid it' group.

Will take it to an event regardless of weather but wouldn't take it out just for a drive if it was raining. When it was my daily it was out rain, hail or shine.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

It's not so much the rain, but the mud.

I spent 4 hours waterblasting the car on Sunday after a day out racing in the forest.

t_sacc_day_nighter_275a_591.jpg

NICE!

I have another car for that. I never gets washed! 8-)

goodtimes001.jpg

PREVIDEO009.jpg

PREVIDEO004.jpg

goodtimes010.jpg

goodtimes013.jpg

Short videos from a cell phone. Turn the volume up and listen for the rev limiter!

th_video1.jpg

th_video2.jpg

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

I was just wondering since the E9 board people are talking about this. They dont even give thier E9s a full wash due to rust issues. Water getting stored in rockers , wheel wells and trunks. I notice my 2002 trunk does get wet after giving my turbo a wash and I always have to take off the spare and wipe every single side all the time. I hate dirty cars and I always make sure all my cars are clean and spotless. Its a sickness I had since birth =) Even with a dozen cars I even had to lease a car to drive in the rainy days. Now thats bad =(

yeah, when lisa was my only car she was driven in everything except salt, and the results were not pretty... i can only imagine (shudder) if i had gotten her salty...

http://www.jennaishealed.org/lisa4sale/lisa4sale.html

she's dirty in those pics too, {{{shame}}}}

she did noble duty getting us around during some very dark times and suffered some terrible neglect. fortunately she's in much better hands now. at some point ima go help the new owner get her back into shape, mostly to assuage my guilt!! ;)

From what I was told, my car wasn't driven in the rain for 5-6 years since it was restored in 2003. The washer bottle was empty, the washer pump was corroded and the wiper arms hit the windshield seal. I hate to drive her in the rain but have done so twice this year. Thank goodness for Rain-X.

Rainy Saturday Club meet

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"