• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE 1: 5-speed conversion...(more)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey All,

Whats going on, well I recently got ahold of a 3:90 diff. out of one of Sam's 2002's(thanks again Sam), I also snagged a set of 320i sunvisors(extra eye protection from the sun, over the rearview) , and a 320i automatic trans mount bracket(I want to see if this might work as well, if not going to use the angle iron method, mentioned by Rob).

I have'nt had a chance to work on the 5-speed yet (school, school, school), but now I have a break between semesters. I am going to use some of this time to finish the install of the 5-speed and the 3:90 diff. I will re-begin on monday and hopefully have it done by thursday.

Wish me luck, and have a Merry Christmas

PS, for those w/ a OD 5-speed and a 3:90, what do u think of that combo?

Lyle in NC (itching to be driving the 2002 again)

Guest Anonymous

40% 320 lsd. The 3:90 is great but my speedometer is way the hell and gone out of wack. I did the 5Sp, lsd conv shortly after putting the car back on the road so limited '02 driving experience w/o upgrades. but this I know...5th is real nice for the hwy.

Guest Anonymous

since the 5- speed (from a 320) just adds an OD, it's good for long- distance cars.

But on the track, the 3.94 gives more pull, at the expense of more gearchanges...

t