• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Pics Of Your Wheels!!!!

Meintii

Campy 13X5.5 w/ BF Goodrich Redline 185/70-13 (car is Inka, iPhone color is off...)

Rare rims! Elektron (magnesium alloy) and shouldn't weigh more than 10 lbs. or so. I don't know the formal model name. Do you?

So if the foreground car is Inka, what color is the background car?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Rare rims! Elektron (magnesium alloy) and shouldn't weigh more than 10 lbs. or so. I don't know the formal model name. Do you?

So if the foreground car is Inka, what color is the background car?

Regards,

Steve

Steve -I don't know the name. I found a list of Campagnolo rims on the Internet a while back. It had drawings. There was only one that looked like this rim on the list, but it was much wider - 8" or 9", a racing wheel and it indicated it was for an Alpha. It did not provide names, just design or model numbers. Apparently the wheel division of Campagnolo was sold off at some point. I like my wheels. They're not as glamorous as some of the BBS, but are period correct 13s and I think they look cool. And with their light weight they drive very nicely. Red car is Malaga I think -the shot was taken at my mechanic's place.

Western circa 1976 banana spokes.

attachicon.gifNewWheelsOnCar.jpg

attachicon.gifWesternWheel_PandP2.jpg

..you may get more understanding if u said Western brand minilite style....jus sayin

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1415343300.464226.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1415343368.595055.jpg

Been rolling on 2 sets of Gotti's I bought from a couple guy's here, restored them myself. Needed a couple sets of same wheels to cycle on racecarattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1415343663.162593.jpg

geez...youve got some period cool wheels sets..wow

Steve -I don't know the name. I found a list of Campagnolo rims on the Internet a while back. It had drawings. There was only one that looked like this rim on the list, but it was much wider - 8" or 9", a racing wheel and it indicated it was for an Alpha. It did not provide names, just design or model numbers. Apparently the wheel division of Campagnolo was sold off at some point. I like my wheels. They're not as glamorous as some of the BBS, but are period correct 13s and I think they look cool. And with their light weight they drive very nicely. Red car is Malaga I think -the shot was taken at my mechanic's place.

Well, if I can figure it out, I'll tell you! Here's a link to a good source for info on historic rims. It shows your style of rim in the wider versions -- Model 40765/C appears to be the 4x100 PCD version for BMW and Opel:

http://www.histowheels.com/Campagnolo/

But I have previously found that this source does not capture every width actually available. I wouldn't be surprised to discover 5.5", 6.0", 6.5", and 7.0" versions that simply didn't make the listing.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

gallery_47870_326_1030315.jpgOops, giant picture. :)

These are old 14x5.5 et18 Pirelli rims wearing Pirelli 195/60R14s.  Came with the car and need restoration, but I'll probably end up selling them as is.  I also have a full set plus spare of the steelies that came on the car originally.  They too need restoration. 

Edited by Brent Johnston