• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Pics Of Your Wheels!!!!

Meintii

I was content with my recent upgrade to E30 basketweaves. Now they're starting to look pretty pedestrian.

I'm really liking those gold Alpinas that RCM3 posted a page or two back but lots of great options here.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

So where is the best place to look if one is looking for a set of "old school" wheels like Borrani, TISA, Campagnolo, etc.?

I've been searching U.S. Ebay for months and nothing has really popped up. I've been watching the vwvortex classifieds too with no luck.

Edited by Beach_Bum

So where is the best place to look if one is looking for a set of "old school" wheels like Borrani, TISA, Campagnolo, etc.?

I've been searching U.S. Ebay for months and nothing has really popped up. I've been watching the vwvortex classifieds too with no luck.

For the last year there has been a drought of CMR rims (Borrani steelies and the much rarer Alpina steelies) on the open market in the U.S. And there's never much U.S. activity in the Campagnolo area. TIsa rims -- original steelies OR the Lemmerz Alpina steelies? Fuggedaboutit!

That said, the German 2002 forum has had a few sets of Borrani's in their classified section. (Use a translation program to contact Europeans. Most Germans tend to speak passable to perfect English but I believe they appreciate the effort, and will quickly switch the conversation to English.). User whs on our FAQ forum occasionally has sets (he's German). German, and even Italian eBay see more Borrani's and Campagnolo's than U.S. eBay. The problem is getting Europeans to sell into the U.S. Shocking as it may be, not everyone in the world likes to sell into the U.S.! Shipping is a pain and very expensive (200 Euros and, generally, up) for a set of those teensie-weensie (but heavy) 5.5x13 Borrani's and, occasionally, shipments get lost -- I lost a pair of incoming 6x13 Borrani's 2 years ago.

The U.S. Fiat forum occasionally has Campagnolo's for sale. They won't be cheap -- what goes better than Italian rims on an Italian car? -- and they'll be 4x98 PCD rims, but they'll be here in the U.S. already! You can get them re-drilled to 4x100 by Rotiform wheels -- I've told the re-drilling story elsewhere on this forum, so try searching on Rotiform.

Good luck.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)