• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Gas

ahlem

So what should I do with 10 gallons of aging gasoline? I siphoned 5 out of the tank. I'm thinking I will try mixing it with some 2 cycle oil and use it in the Lawn Boy. It's at that almost still good smell. I will put some Stabil in it. If I mix it with my old oil change oil can I burn it in my Tiki Torches? You CA guys must be loving this. Weed killer? Any legitimate suggestions would be appreciated excluding flammability.

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is

Stabil is for GOOD gas - not after it goes stale !

as above - use it for weed killer, poision ivy killer,

or mix small amounts with your bucket of waste oil

and recycle it properly

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Use it in your lawn mower or weed wacker unless it's super, super old. Then you have to find a place to dispose of it. Call the city sanitation department and ask for a location. They will have one.

1972 Tii

1997 Land Rover Defender LE #127

My experience with old gas is that your yard tools may not run at all with it.

I'm fortunate to have a beater second vehicle. I just pour my old pre-mixed gas/oil from last year (seems there's always some leftover from last year after winter) into the beater's gas tank at the gas station when I need to do a complete fillup. The beater ('88 Ranger) doesn't know the difference, it's diluted at least 10:1 with good gas and all is well. The truck doesn't smoke with the tiny bit of 2-stroke oil that I add. I would just donate the old gas from the '02 to my beater a few gallons at a time until it's gone. It's great for gas mileage if you forget to add the gas to your total at the pump!

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

I seem to always get parts cars with half a tank in 'em-

I run it through my 2002. If it's really old, I spring for half a tank

of 92 octane, then add 5 gallons of the crud. Strained through

a cloth.

Never had a problem.

The 2002's primitive fuelling system doesn't care, and diluted

enough, it burns fine.

Wouldn't do it before a track day, though.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL