• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VDO Clock question

ought2

I just bought a new VDO quartz clock for my dash. I love the looks of it, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the time on it. The center button on the face is under the glass. There's nothing on the back except for the connections. I can't believe VDO would make a clock that doesn't have this feature...

post-5612-13667607550571_thumb.jpg

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

This is my actual clock. It differs from the stock photo I posted. The stock picture has that knurled center knob for adjustment. This one apparently has nothing. Just seems a little odd to me that they would engineer a clock this way.

post-5612-13667607551527_thumb.jpg

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Quartz Clock

This instrument is the latest innovation in specialty automotive instruments. Your new Classic Quartz Clock features a solid glass lens and a bezel to match your other instruments. You will note that your new clock does not have a mechanical reset-knob projecting through the lens and instead depends on a momentary switch to reset the time. Please follow the installation instructions carefully to insure that your new clock will operate accurately and reliably for many years.

Before beginning the installation disconnect the Positive (+ Plus) cable from your vehicles battery. Failure to do so could burn out the quartz movement. Such damage is not covered under your warranty.

To keep the Quartz clock operational even if the vehicle is parked or in storage: connect a 16 AWG wire from a dedicated 12 Volt source to Number 2 Terminal on the rear of the clock case. This 12 Volt source wire must come directly from the battery terminal of the starter solenoid.To

To cause the Clock to go inactive (and not drain the battery) when the vehicle is stored for an extended period of time such as several weeks or months - connect a 16-AWG wire from Number 2 Terminal on the clock-case to the inactive side of the battery disconnect switch (this is the side away from the battery).

Connect a 16-AWG wire from the Terminal Post marked “1” on the rear of the clock case to a good negative ground point behind the dashboard.

Purchase a Push Button type switch, through Classic Instruments, Inc.. Install switch under the dashboard - probably out of sight to the vehicles occupants. Connect the two wires exiting from the rear case-wall of the clock to opposite terminals on the momentary switch. If necessary these wires may be extended to any length in order to reach the switch location.

Reconnect the heavy battery cable to your vehicles’ battery. The clock should now start to run. Since we do not use second-hand - you should wait a minute or more to determine the clock movement is running.

To advance the time one minute - press the switch only once. To advance more than a few minutes press and hold the switch until the desired time is reached. The clocks’ minute and hour hands will fast-forward. Release the switch when the clock is almost reset to the correct time. To set the time exactly the switch should be pushed only one timer per each minute you want to advance the minute hand.

Important Notice: Should either the quartz movement, internal circuitry or electronic components inside your clock be damaged due to a voltage surge or the Plus and Negative wires being connected in reverse the unit will NOT be covered under warranty.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg