• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "free 2002" may go to Austin, TX

dubois

I think his name should be "Free", but I digress... My guy told me that he is planning to move to TX. After the usual exchange, I encouraged him to take the 02 to TX, no problem driving it across the country, however he doesn't think that will pass the annual state inspection! Is CA the only state that doesn't make you do that? We are kind of spoiled.

I didn't think it was appropiate to remind him the deal that we made, ie, I was giving him the car, but I had first dibs at it if he ever thought about getting rid of it! He mentioned that he may auction it in the FAQ - I don't think that would be a good idea. Oh yes, I need another 02 just like I need a ... how do you say that?

Stay tuned...

FAQ Member # 91

I think his name should be "Free", but I digress... My guy told me that he is planning to move to TX. After the usual exchange, I encouraged him to take the 02 to TX, no problem driving it across the country, however he doesn't think that will pass the annual state inspection! Is CA the only state that doesn't make you do that? We are kind of spoiled.

I didn't think it was appropiate to remind him the deal that we made, ie, I was giving him the car, but I had first dibs at it if he ever thought about getting rid of it! He mentioned that he may auction it in the FAQ - I don't think that would be a good idea. Oh yes, I need another 02 just like I need a ... how do you say that?

Stay tuned...

Bring it on down to San Antonio - my place has passed my RHD Touring for the past 9 years and still hasn't noticed the headlights dip to the left!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

.... he doesn't think that will pass the annual state inspection! Is CA the only state that doesn't make you do that? We are kind of spoiled.

Nothing to worry about. The yearly inspection is limited to road-worthiness. They check for working marker lights, brakes, brakelights, headlights, horn, wipers, reverse lights, turn signals and running lights. There are a few counties that require emmissions tests, but only if your car is 25 years old or younger. Thay also require proof of current liability insurance.If you don't pass, you have 15 days to fix the problems and get back to them without getting charged again.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

.... he doesn't think that will pass the annual state inspection! Is CA the only state that doesn't make you do that? We are kind of spoiled.

Nothing to worry about. The yearly inspection is limited to road-worthiness. They check for working marker lights, brakes, brakelights, headlights, horn, wipers, reverse lights, turn signals and running lights. There are a few counties that require emmissions tests, but only if your car is 25 years old or younger. Thay also require proof of current liability insurance.If you don't pass, you have 15 days to fix the problems and get back to them without getting charged again.

and the last time I had an 02 inspected in austin the checked the gas cap on a pressure tester. I thought that was strict...until i moved to Japan. Now I'm learning the ins and outs of the system here. But if he's not committed enough to the car by now then maybe its fine to just leave it with you! Another hole in the head.....

Well, now I know for sure he won't pass!

FAQ Member # 91

Guest Anonymous

He should live here in Louisiana.

I once had an inspector ask "Which side of this crack in the windshield do you want me to place the sticker on?"

Crack.jpg

Here they don't even ask me to turn my headlights on. All you need is proof of insurance and a $10.00 bill.

Oh yes, I need another 02 just like I need...

...another 2002.

...a hole in my wallet.

...etc...

Isn't the Texas state vehicle inspection to see that your gun rack is mounted properly?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes