• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 1600 For Sale - very original car

malagalaga

Did not think I would ever want to sell it, but my "dream" BMW has come up for sale - the one that started it all for me (I used to ride my bike past it as a kid!). I cannot keep both it and this car at the same time.

Basics: 150k-mile (approx), three-owner (first owner had it until 2008) 1600. Was the last BMW ever sold from the dealer in Aspen, Colorado (I have spoken with the first owner). Runs pretty well - no smoke aside from maybe a very light puff at start up. Solex carb. Numbers matching engine. Transmission is fine, clutch is good. Suspension is a little tired but not uncomfortable.

Comes with original window sticker and owner's manuals. Hard to find a car more original than this one! Has had new paint at some point, but it's a 10-footer. Not terrible, certainly serviceable. Body is straight, no major wrecks ever. Clear title in my name, etc.

The car will not come with the steel wheels you see pictured. It'll come with a set of 320i Alpina-style alloy wheels on good tires. I will also probably not give you the fog lamps (they don't work, anyway - lenses are cracked). I'm kinda attached to them! :-)

As you can see, it's not a perfect car. There's some rust. It will come with OEM unused rocker panels, however. The floor boards are rock solid underneath. The roof rust is just surface rust from when it was stored under a car cover for one winter (according to previous owner). I was planning to address that this summer. Everything that I can think of works, aside from the Sony cassette player that recently died. I could throw in a similar vintage Alpine cassette player, if you want it. It worked in the car I took it from. It's legally registered and passed safety inspection. Glass is good. No sunroof, but headliner is very, very nice (and believed to be original).

Here's all the photos you could ever want...

http://yfrog.com/5j160044jx

$4500 obo serious offers considered!

Email bmw1600dfw AT gmail DOT com if interested. Happy to show the car to local shoppers or shoot more photos.

16009.jpg

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara