• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Vision

pkbinplano

Well picked up another complete spare engine this morning. ( left engine) Looks to be a 69 block with a e12 head. Nice weber 32/36, newish 45amp alternator . Whoever had it was running an electric fuel pump ( Blanking plate where pump goes) and two filters. Fairly dry motor. Under the valve cover is fairly clean. Came on stand. Guy I got it from knew nothing about it, got it in a storage auction. Now I just need something to put one of these in. Whats the bracket for on the lower right of the motor on the left Under the starter . ? Aluminum bracket, for an automatic ? . Any additional info on this motor would be helpful. Notice the bottom of the dip stick.

367070363.jpg

why not contact the bmw archive? the casting numbers, as far as I can tell are meaningless, however the stamped number should mean something. maybe the 2000 sedan or coupe? I don't know how those vin #'s run. the mechanical clutch bracket probably means at one time it did service in a 1600

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe

8 bolt crank, numbers on block 12102100849 and also 22D69

head is a e12 with a 75 date stamp. Strange vin on motor as stated in earlier post , has vin 1160190 stamped in to it at usual place. Where would I be able to research this vin ?

Paul, VIN 1160190, I believe, is for a '69 2000 4 door sedan.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

where did you find that info ? LOL

Paul,

I have a 4 page sheet entitled "Survey of BMW Chassis Numbers". Cannot remember where I got it from now.

VIN 1160001 to 1160552 USA model 2000 automatic.

I have a habit of saving things for just this sort of occasion (LOL).

Cheers.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yep- I'm pretty sure it is the mount for the mechanical clutch- which I actually prefer and would have kept if not for going to the e21 5 speed.

Double Vision.... One too many shiner's?

I still have this.. if you are interested. ;)

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,318445/highlight,/

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002