• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd Brake Light Wiring (from late model, BMW/Hella)

ol'_rusty

One light, four wires; any idea how to tie this in with the current brake light system, other than by trial and error? Brown (ground), grn/red, and grn/black x 2.

My rolling project fully loaded for travel to the southern Sierra for my summer job.

post-16350-13667607847319_thumb.jpg

post-16350-13667607848431_thumb.jpg

1975 2002

Gary Fisher 'Ferrous' Mountain Bike

16' Old Town Canoe

Guest Anonymous

The extra two wires are probably for later models that use the car's check circuitry to alert you when a bulb is burned out. I would just hook up the two wires that are thickest and go directly to the bulb socket.

head over to radio shack and get a packet of gold spade terminal bridge connectors (pictured below) and just share the hot from the driver side brakelight and also share the ground lug too. Attach the 2 wires along your rear wiring harness loom and over to wherever you want to mout the light. Hooking it in like this avoids drilling for an extra ground, etc.

post-372-1366760785334_thumb.jpg

post-372-13667607857197_thumb.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--