• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skyline GTG in Cincinnati followup..

eurotrash

Only 3 cars made it, but they were packed full of good people. We had a very relaxed evening drive from Mariemont to Clifton. Some nice Oyster Bomb appetizer action, then dinner, then a desert of another strange regional Skyline concoction of York peppermint patti chunks sandwiched in yet more oyster crackers... Tasted like a girl scout cookie only better!!!

Then off for ice cream and conversation..

Good times Gentlemen, and ladies. Good times.

Here's a few pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jasontgipson/SkylineGTG#

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

I wanted to be there, but a grad. party and our Chinese language group gtg kept me up in Kettering. I made it to Ault Park the next day, so I was quite happy. Maybe we could have a Goetta Fest gtg the first weekend of Aug. on the Newport levee?? '02's and Goetta --- whataya say?

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I had a great time. Could have left that night after chili, the Kerri puppet routine, rasberry chocolate chip, a visit to John's house then on to Lance's and had a great weekend!

Lance found me the next day at the show and said his night at Sklyline and Graeter's with the younger 02 owners was on of the best evening he had in a long long time. He said he had a long conversation with his wife about how enjoyable the evening was.

It was a good time.

What you would have really enjoyed is seeing 300 bizillion dollar cars getting off of Ault Park in a downpour of magnitudes I have not seen in a while. The brass era cars going through the "field" where the haulers were parked. What a site. Haulers getting bogged down, etc. SHould have taken pictures but it was raining toooooo hard to stick my camera out.

Left the Queen City around 1700 hit WV around 0100 today for a nap, then rolled in here a bit ago. Thanks for all the laughs!!!

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I wanted to be there, but a grad. party and our Chinese language group gtg kept me up in Kettering. I made it to Ault Park the next day, so I was quite happy. Maybe we could have a Goetta Fest gtg the first weekend of Aug. on the Newport levee?? '02's and Goetta --- whataya say?

Ha! The Anchor Grill gets my vote. Great goetta.. I can see Mr. Watts cringing.. They have a vary rare jukebox piece that they were offered lots of $ for but denied selling it. Its a total hole in the wall greasy spoon, but those who know LOVE the place. ..and it has a good sized parking lot.

Here's an article:

Here's the jukebox:

And the real testament to the place, veteran OC surf/punk rockers The Descentants song that was written after the drummer fell for a friend of mine. (They're now married..! )

But (teeth gritting) what ever is best for the group!!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Hah! Alec & I missed the rain. Must have been quite the fuss getting all the councours autos back into their trailers and all. Jason, your idea is a good one.... run with it. Sounds like fun!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz