• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will steel wheels fit over E21 rear brakes?

malagalaga

I did this conversion and my rear wheels will not fit without at least a 5MM spacer and even then, the drums are basically touching the inner wheel. (plus, you need longer wheels studs. too) Take it from me, only do this if you have plans to run at least a 5"x13" wheel.

Ben

God you're good man. Such authority.. I aspire.

Well, time for someone to call Stockton Wheel for a widening and custom backspacing..

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Great, thanks for the info. My "dream" '02, which is headed my way shortly, has 320i rear drums (I think - seller says they're 528e drums, but I believe those had rear discs, so I think he's confused).

It has nasty alloys on it and I wanted to put the stock steelies back. I guess a spacer and longer bolts isn't the end of the world, though... hmmm..

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Well, the 4-1/2" wide stock wheel will not fit without a small spacer, but you could find some 5" wide x 13" dia. steel wheels - those that came on the ti 1600/2002 and tii 2002 - and they will work without any problem and also accept the full wheel cover.

Well, the 4-1/2" wide stock wheel will not fit without a small spacer, but you could find some 5" wide x 13" dia. steel wheels - those that came on the ti 1600/2002 and tii 2002 - and they will work without any problem and also accept the full wheel cover.

contact Johnny Square here on the FAQ, he may have an extra set of 72 Tii steelies.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002