• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price check on a roundie M2

Hello all,

I am contemplating selling my 1972 2002 M2 and I was hoping I could get some input on what a reasonable price to ask would be. It is a VERY clean and well put together car.

1972 2002 sunroof coup - The car was originally Malaga Red, but was stripped to bare metal, acid etched, and repainted with a 2 stage acrylic urethane base/clear in Cinnabar Red (‘80’s BMW color) in 1994. At this time a Turbo front valance was added and euro turn signals were also installed. In 1998 the M2 conversion was done using a 1990 S14 with only with only 23,000 miles with Turbo radiator and exhaust system, Turner chip, and Evo exhaust cam gear.

The motor still has less than 35,000 miles and is very healthy, recently dyno’d at over 180 HP at the rear wheels. A 5-speed OD transmission was installed with a 3.91 LSD out back. All suspension components were removed from the car, bead blasted and powder coated gray. Tii front struts were used with Bilstein HD shocks, Ireland springs, and ST sways.

Brakes are vented front rotors from a ’77 320i with 528i calipers and 320i rear drums. I shaved the inner fender lips and mounted 205/50 Falkens on 15 x 7 Rota wheels. It’s a very tight fit, but everything clears. I added period Hella 118 euro fog lights to the front bumper. The interior has 320i Recaro’s done in the blue/black cloth and the rear bench recovered to match and a 380mm Momo Prototipo steering wheel finishes it out. I want to go to a set or period correct sport seats, but that will come later.

There are more pictures on Nick's site here - http://www.m2bmw.com/BrookeStabbert.htm

Your input is appreicated.

post-9982-13667608067271_thumb.jpg

'72 M2

'69 911 2.8SS

'70 914-6 GT

'02 M3

What a great car! Unfortunately, my 2 cents is you won't get anywhere near what you put into it.

It is a beautiful looking car, and it sounds like you have it dialed in just the way you want it. It's just that it probably wont be worth as much to the next guy as it is to you. I'm sure it cost you a good amount of $ and time to make it "yours" and you really can't put a price on that.

Unless you really need to get rid of it, keep it!

Bryan

Current: '74 tii; '05 Audi S4; '10 Triumph Scrambler; '07 Mini Cooper S convertible

Former: '11 Infiniti G37s; '10 370Z; '85 911 coupe; '01 Audi S4; '84 VW GTI; '70 VW Karmann Ghia convertible; '76 Datsun Z

I agree with Ray. In better times I would ask more. Anything lower than that would get me thinking about pulling the S14 and selling it separately (it has got to be worth 10k or better with that mileage and 2.3 rebuilds are >12k)) and replacing it with a tuned M10 and then selling the car. It's a beaut. Any shots of the interior and engine bay?

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

I think you should ask $25K.

But you may have a long wait for the right buyer.

GL,

Ray

It looks nice,assuming that the aesthetics are there, I agree $25K is not out the question. You may not have a long wait either. knowing what I know about these cars, this one looks like it would be very desirable. In my mind the only question is: can you get more? Much depends on the details, ie interior, seats, lsd, instruments, carpet, dash, does everything work, etc

Love the color, but personally I would have wanted a 5 speed CR to bump it to the most desirable status..

FAQ Member # 91

Tend to agree with the others on the 25k, and I don't think 30 would be greedy for a such clean and understated car, with room to maneuver. IMO, with an M2 you have a better chance of getting a good part of your investment back than you would on say a Tii or regular 02 - simple supply and demand.

There is more and more interest in these cars, and they rarely come to market for the simple fact there are very few about and they're keepers. So unlike a good Tii that you can shop around for, someone wanting an M2 right now in the States has the option of yours or building their own, which will cost more and take time.

Good luck - and if you decide to sell let me know and I'll bump your car to the top of the list with a FOR SALE sign.

Nick

DSC01241.jpg[/img]

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

For a well sorted '02 with an s14, I would'nt hesitate asking 30k.

Lots and lots of pics with alot of details will help you quiet a bit.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I like it. Pm me your price and if your interested in a 67 GTV stepnose.

That's right up you alley Alvin.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

But you may have a long wait for the right buyer.

and I think you'd both be happy if you did. I agree- start at 29,995

and then you start out in the right ballpark.

And just don't be in a hurry. Some of us like doing it ourselves,

and we'd spend about that much doing it.

Others may have smartened up in the interval, and should know

that they'd spend that much- and several years.

There's still a sh*tload of money in this town... you'll find someone.

hth,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL