• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

June 20th Santa Cruz Mtns Drive --- Thank you!

shipm_8

That was so much fun! Thank you, Mark and Arne for putting the drive together. It was a great thrill to drive, and enjoy the display of road (and roadside) negotiating skills....

William and Jessie

BayArea02Drive39.jpg

BayArea02Drive24.jpg

BayArea02Drive100.jpg

BayArea02Drive26.jpg

BayArea02Drive401.jpg

BayArea02Drive64-1.jpg

BayArea02Drive75-1.jpg

BayArea02Drive79-1.jpg

BayArea02Drive82-1.jpg

BayArea02Drive52.jpg

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

Nice photos, William. I couldn't help but wish you two were part of the Calif. contingent at V @ V '09. Looks like Tip Top is still living up to his or her name.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

You are very kind. We already have our eyes on next year's calendar and are crossing our fingers....The thought of Bay Area 02 Swap and Show followed by Vintage at The Vineyards is the kind of goal worth allocating money and time!

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

Another big thanks to Mark and Arne! Barbara and I had a great time. Didn't expecting the drive to be so spirited... was a blast! This was our first event, and we are already looking forward to the next one! Really great to meet everyone. Kahlo (the dog) even got to come along for better weight balance... no he doesn't get car sick, he actually loves the twisty roads ;)

Thanks for posting the pics. Sure hoping that the running shots were taken by you Jessie...

Cheers. Alex

Kahlo is the best dog ever! Tolerating the Gs around the mountains makes him eligible for Bay Area 02 Special Doggie Membership.

Jessie is prepared to testify that she took all pictures and video clips.

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

Great drive, I mostly stood back on the turns and caught up with the group on the straights. I couldn't believe this dark blue roundie - looked like it had lots of positive camber and lifted on the rear - yes, not a mistake, positive. It re-wrote the laws of physics and handling theories. I was having a tough time keeping up with it. I was just having more fun watching this car go around the turns without hesitation, than driving mine!

FAQ Member # 91

When I was right behind the dark blue roundie, I tried to do whatever he did, but I am not as good a driver so I soon decided to just go at my own pace and admire from afar.

L1100858.jpg

L1100860.jpg

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

Sorry to hear, FrozenH2O...

There are enough enthusiastic 02 Brides around who can help sell the idea of your participation in the future, and can have you excused from having to...what....sculpt ice?

Even the most reluctant of brides cannot resist, I am sure, the compelling case that we can all make, aided by our wfes/girlfriends/consigliers/02 copilots and backseat-riding big dogs.....A bride sees your participation as time away from wedding preps? Nonsense! Time driving an 02 is not deducted form your life span, studies have shown.

According to a well known study published by the Journal of the American Medical Association, driving an 02, under most circumstances, and especially in the Santa Cruz Mountains with Mark up front leading the way, stimulates the production of endorphins -- the chemical substances produced by the body that make you feel happy and exhilarated.

My experience tells me that happiness and exhilaration leads to better art.

See you at the next drive.

William und frau

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

Great drive! Nice meeting all of you. Here's a few pics my brother took.

- Justin

Great meeting you and your brother as well. Tell your bro that the shots look fantastic!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793