• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the 02 a regular sight........

JasonBird

Myself, living in Scotland maybe see 2 02's a year on the roads over here. Lots in the south of England where I work but not many back home. I was just wondering are they a common sight on america's roads? Over here I think we refer to them as a practical classic however you guys seem to use them as your daily drivers! I wish I could have a 02 daily driver but think Scotlands weather would kill it!

I think most places it isn't a regular sight. I see one every few months where I live, but most of them don't hang out around my area in Kansas City, only 1 is actually within a couple of miles of me (other than mine) and then Keith's Stella is a few more miles from me. I've heard areas of California though it is quite regular to see them still.

quite a few here in Southern California. Seems like I run into one every couple of weeks. Just last weekend, I'm tooling south on the 57 in my '70 Granada, I look in my rear view, and there's an Inka roundie tii right behind me. Very cool.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Yup, SF Bay Area, especially Berkeley/East Bay seem to have more than anywhere else...I was out a couple fridays ago and saw 6 or 7, of course i was driving the explorer at the time though...But i see at least 1 a week over here.

'72 - 2533095 ex-auto, not stock

'76 - 2374191 PNO - boo, CA SMOG

I see one every day... what my own one counts! Over here there arn't that many but you occasionally see them.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Guest Anonymous

I used to see a few zipping around here in New Orleans but since Hurricane Katrina I haven't seen a single one.