• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pics of 2002's with hood scoops???

the motor Jan 71, the brits put vinyl roofs on late GTV's

The Brits put vinyl roofs on anything that moved back then. We even badged the 2000 as a Fraser Nash with the addition of a black roof, wooden steering wheel and gear knob.

nashII.jpg

but to bring this post back on topic here's a really crappy scoop.

topless10.jpg

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

• 6 years later...

After seeing the war rig in the new mad max, a blower and scoop are in my 02s future. I really like your GT40 style scoops, I might copy them.

Edit: I always revive old threads by mistake, but since I did, anything new in the world of scoops on 02s?

post-41166-0-32190300-1438742431_thumb.j

Edited by SnowDriftin3

If we are just bouncing ideas...I haven't seen a hood scoop on an '02 I'd put on MY car, butttt... The design of the '02's hood reminds me of the 2nd-gen Olds 442...with the split down the hood and the tucked nose.

Soooo... maybe something like this? kinda Charley's in reverse   :)

1972-oldsmobile-442-W30-wallpaper.jpg

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Why not just open up the firewall to the existing vents in front of the windshield to allow heat to escape and the kidney's breathe?

I have thought about that but most claim it does work do to there being a high pressure area at the base of the windshield.

I don't know which is greater the pressure under the hood that is trying to escape or the pressure above the those vents. Probably been discussed already and may change up at different speeds too.