• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody looked at this 2002?

RestoMan

Hi folks. I am getting ready to buy this 2002 as a project car. It is in Rumford, Rhode Island, and the seller seems pretty honest- straightforward. Has anyone else peeked at this car? Any insights- Thanks. Any heads up/advice would be appreciated. We restored an 84 e28 (wish Steve H. could be a part of this one).

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/1209010082.html

Thanks- Curtis.

"Yeah, that's my car"

I believe I looked and this car a few years back (1-2). The paint job is unique so I am pretty sure it the same car and the same house. The guy was working on a VW bug in the garage and a firebird or camero in the drive when I look at it. The owner did seem pretty straight forward. If I can remember the car we pretty solid and clean and drove ok. I did not have a valid reg so just went up the street. It had a few minor issues..though I cant remember in detail. It was on the top of my list until I found a calf. car in NH that was even better which more new parts, etc.. Feel free to contact me of list if you want.

Phil

Guest Anonymous

Yeah the guy said he was picky about who he would sell to, and i told him my plans and he said i was alright in his book. Now that i think of it, has the world been flipped upside down? The seller gives the approval on whether or not the buyer is good enough. Weird, but ill take it. I LOVE the car and am looking forward to the project.... I hope to be a valued member of this forum

Someone on the board was just talking about this car and if I remember correctly the guy decided not to sell. Gonna try and find that link.

Edit: I think I'm going crazy so never mind my post, car looks cool though.

yup

that was me

guy backed out a couple hours bfr i was gonna drive from jersey to go see the car

School: Cornell University

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Clubs: Delta Tau Delta Fraternity

Cars:

2003 buick DD (grandpa's car, literally...)

BMW 2002 (as soon as i find one...)

I had emailed this guy back in May, when he was looking for a car swap. I told him I didn't have a car to swap but would use the $2500 as a start point for negotiation. He declined my offer at the time, waiting for someone w/ a car to swap. He's now reposted in craigslist w/o a swap requirement....I too was thinking about driving down to RI to check it out, but that paint job was a turnoff. I'm quickly realizing that here in New England, you should look past the color, and concentrate on the amount of rust. Good Luck....Let us know how it goes.

.…”Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...You've got to run like an antelope: out of control…”

- 1974 2002 Atlantikblau sunroof