• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.e.d.s in my H4 headlight conversion

Nepa2002

okay so i redid all my lights today. Oxycleaned the lens and let dry for a few hours before putting them on.

I also updated the driving light in the H4 housing to L.e.d. and wow makes the car look sharp

l_77fe33362ccb4932b6861f47966d9b25.jpg

l_54bda4b1da8e4ad6bd8bd3cdb1a0efd5.jpg

l_8098e224edef48f3833b93024677bdde.jpg

1976 Bmw 2002.3L Turbo "Motivation"

im confused my headlight bulb isnt turned on. its the little bulb thats in the housing that i turned led. its tied in with the parking lights

4pzd5m-330x256-bg.jpg

see the little bulb below where the headlight bulb goes??

1976 Bmw 2002.3L Turbo "Motivation"

The small lights inside the housing are commonly called "city lights". Kind of like a "daytime running light".

Here is a picture of a Marchal brand headlight on Larry Schwarz' 73tii. Notice the small secondary light.

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

The small lights inside the housing are commonly called "city lights". Kind of like a "daytime running light".

Actually, they are really parking lights. Most Euro Countries stipulated that if you left your car in the road overnight, you must have a front & back light on (ones nearest the centre of the road). Euro 02s were designed for this, by having the little bulb in the headlight and the extra wiring from the indicator switch (US cars, at least my '76s, do not have this feature).

If you leave the indicator to the left & switch off the ignition, front "parking" light & rear taillight will come on & vice versa if your indicate to the right.

Of course, if you were driving in a French City, you had to turn your yellow headlights off, and just run the "parking/city" lights. Typical of the French to be different!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 2 weeks later...