• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thank God for the wild west

gwb72tii

driving back from Colorado Springs, CO (bot a used 328xi), we had to book across 1/2 of Colorado and all of Wyoming.

Let me tell you, the speed limit signs are at most a suggestion. Especially in Wyoming. the posted limit is 75, but if you're not doing 85 you'll hold up traffic. I thought my speedometer was reading fast (90) cause with no trees or landmarks, it just doesn't feel that fast. part of the credit goes to the new car, but 85-90 is keeping up with the cowboys in their F250's.

Beautiful country. You just kind of forget about the wild west living in the on the west coast.

here's some pics

Central Wyoming

IMG_0012.jpg

Central Wyoming at speed (fast)

IMG_0013.jpg

The Tetons and Jackson Lake

DSC_0097.jpg

Bison that apparently owns the road, West Yellowstone

DSC_0126.jpg

Split Rock, Wyoming. Indian country and former outpost for the pony express

DSC_0083.jpg

72 2002tii

1988 535is 

INDEED! thanks for posting the photos, i must get up that way some day. I have never driven North of Fort Collins on I-25.

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

Yeah i am very familiar with the drive through 'Springs and Denver, i used to drive that all the time living in Denver.

In the picture of lake Jackson and the tetons, how far is it away? does that road drive to the Tetons? thanks

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

Yeah i am very familiar with the drive through 'Springs and Denver, i used to drive that all the time living in Denver.

In the picture of lake Jackson and the tetons, how far is it away? does that road drive to the Tetons? thanks

its on the road coming in from the east into the teton national park (287 from dubois). it was taken coming down out of the mountains and after you make the right hand turn to head north to yellowstone.

the pic is at the eastern most point of the lake looking southwest. i think jackson is about 30 miles from the place where we stopped to snap the pic. to go to jackson/tetons you would have continued straight/left at Moran Junction on 191/26 instead of making the right hand turn north towards yellowstone.

72 2002tii

1988 535is