• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOLY SH^&%! SoCal Track day!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

For you to be on the list:

You must email me with name, car, email and phone number to quikbimmer@gmail.com BEFORE FRIDAY NIGHT

You must have $200.00 ready and waiting at time of gate entry

You MUST have a helmet

You must have a car that is in safe running condition

You must agree to the basic terms:

no idiots on the track

You are solely responsible for your actions! the track and the people that got you there are in no way to be legally or financially responsible for your or others screw ups.

Basic track tips are available upon request.

Race rubber is not required, but safety is.

Take the shit out of your car! No items that can fly loose, and harm you or others.[/b][/u]

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

Im so there! I can't wait to get my car on the track. This will be her first time on the track, and mine too. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a helmet, or what brand, style etc..... hopefully somewhere in the valley as I dont have much time to drive around. Im going to check the cycle shop on vanowen near topanga. i was also told to bring lots of blue painters tape to cover the front of my car to protect the paint. any thoughts on this. there is a delicate surface blue tape and a regular adhesive blue tape. which one works best? what about gas? do they sell racing fuel at the track? how much is it? there is a place on vanowen and desoto that sells 101 octane for $8/gallon.

so much to think about and so little time. WOW! im really excited. Scott you better get some tires and and make it out there. dont miss this.

John which car are you bringing?

is there a consession stand or somewhere to get water and food or do I need to come totally prepared?

Thanks John for getting this organized. I look forward to seeing everyone out there.

Helmet: You should get a helmet designed for car use.

You do not need race gas. Run premium and you will be fine unless you have a race car with 13:1 compression.

If you have a fabulous paint job, and you REALLY don't want it nicked or scratched IN ANY WAY, then yoiu should not drive such a car on the track, or on the street fro that matter. You can get racer's blue tape (masking tape works too) but that's not necessary. The track is not worse on your paint than driving the freeway.

Flush your brake fluid, change your oil, unless it's very fresh, (I recommend 20W50 on a 2002 for the track) check your tranny fluid, diff fluid and coolant. Check your brake pads, and if they are more than half worn, put a new set on or take a set with you to the track and be prepared to replace them. (bring some tools.) Torque your wheels. Check that everything is secure and tight. Check your motor and tranny mounts. YOUR BATTERY HAS TO BE WELL SECURED.

And have fun. I wish I could make it.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Great advice from a track day PRO! [who is flaking on us!]

We will miss the hell out of you Pierre!

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

thanks for the advise pierre. one more question. should i get an open face helmet or a full face cover? thanks again.

It's a matter of preference. I prefer full-faced helmets. They provide better protection. But they limit peripheral vision.

I forgot front wheel bearings. Don't forget to check those too.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam