• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello... Totally new to this as of Today...

So, I went and bought myself a decent, relatively clean and good running 1976 2002 this morning. I have owned several Beemer bikes in the past but never stepped up to a Bimmer on 4 wheels. Life is good, I'm sure I'll be on here with a million questions as I adjust to life behind the wheel of my new (relative term) car. I'll post some pics when I get it cleaned up... Not like there aren't a million like mine out there...

Anyway, wanted to say Hello before I start bombarding everyone with questions.

God night!

JB

Achtung Lieber Himmel!

1976 Rot und Schwartz daily driver "Otto Q. Gilgamesh"

Hi Jack,

so give with the first question already !

and don't be shy about coming over from the

2-wheeled side - I left this side for this 2-wheeler,

2002 becomes R27

Still keeping with the vintage theme

c.d.

R27Rightside2.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Welcome, and you're not the first to get hung up in Bimmers by way of Beemers. Several of us on this board have both addictions.

post-708-13667608540804_thumb.jpg

Stacey
Columbus, OH
No cup holders, by design.
'76 O=00=O   '77 R100RS  '85 K100 '01 325CI   '05 330XI ZSP   '80 Porsche 911SC

Welcome, and you're not the first to get hung up in Bimmers by way of Beemers. Several of us on this board have both addictions.

Very true..... I went opposite of CD from the Beemer to the Bimmer.. Now I wish I had the Beemer to go along wit the Bimmer... LOL Enjoy these cars are fun!

Modern cars... They all look like electric shavers.

Thanks for the hearty welcome all! I posted a few preliminary questions in a new post... check it out here.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/p,621581/#621581

Glad I found this place. Looks like some beautiful bikes and cars... making me wanna go out and but another beemer bike but then... I do have to live with my wife. heh.

Achtung Lieber Himmel!

1976 Rot und Schwartz daily driver "Otto Q. Gilgamesh"

Welcome, Jack. Hope you enjoy your 'new' 2002, and have fun learning about it, fixing up anything it needs, and making it your personal dream machine. As you probably can easily discern, we think they're simply great cars!

Fire away with your questions - I doubt you'll ask about anything that hasn't been addressed before, and most everyone is glad to assist and provide or point you to the answers.

All the best,

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

still own the one I bought new in 1969, and it is still a daily driver (along with my 73) when our Ohio roads are salt-free.

You'll have a ball, and never regret buying your '02.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite