• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Vintage Racer-Autocrosser - Need motivation

JK

Beautiful car and a great blog. Think about how much you've done already and how little there is to finish. You've been building it since 2005 and now you're very close to actually drive it!

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Holy S***!! I just reda this whole thread F***N amazing work! Can't wait to hear this fired up Congrats!

Getting ready to start my 1602 with manual moon roof project.. The day has come

Soon to come S38 heart and plenty more.

Also own a E36 M52B28 OBD1 converted with extra goodies..

Guest Anonymous

Stop whining you cry baby (just kidding). You are so close, suck it up and push on through to the end. I dream about the day that I am that close with my car......no check that, I dream about the day of having the freaking fenders done (how about that) and in paint. Seriously, you have done a great job on that car, the blog is really well done as well. By the end of this weekend BOTH of my front fenders will be in paint, wet sanded and ready to polish out....after that it is mold making time.

http://bmwalpina2002.blogspot.com/

http://historicracingbmw.blogspot.com/

Keep it up, you're in the home stretch. I saw your car on the trailer at VARA's Oktoberfest last year, will be a pleasure to see it out on the track.

I know the pain of long term restoration/race prep. My car's been a saga unto itself. I too see the finish line ahead after five years. (My problem is I have to learn to say 'NO!' to helping everyone and their grandmother's with their cars and just focus on mine...)

How about I'll race you to Oktoberfest this year? I'll be running in Group 1 but will gladly point you by in the all German race... :)

http://bmw2002.amishstripper.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=1970BMW2002

-s

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)

Thanks guys. I've been following all of your projects too. Tommy, your racer is amazing, and Mark, I can't wait to see the fenders. And Shad, thanks for the link...I had no idea but can't wait to look through the photos.

I got the driveshaft in tonight and hope to have the halfshafts in tomorrow. I'm on a roll again.

Guest Anonymous

Great blog and work. I have a few thoughts send me an email and we can correspond.

Anthony

anaphe@gmail.com

I think the car is just awesome. Next time I'm down there I would love to swing by for an afternoon of '02 talk, maybe lend a hand in the garage, and see the car. I think I emailed you about it several months back...

Let me know when you'd like to come up.

• 1 month later...