• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use J.C. Taylor for their '02 insurance?

f1reverb

I use them, I haven't had a claim yet, pretty easy to deal with, I just found out that the rate for my wifes 85 capri is twice that of my 2002s, I also covered a euro E28 because AIG wouldn't without original DOT waivers.

They required pics of only some of my cars, not sure why.

My policy is underwritten by Zurich

I have had them for years....... LOVE THEM. Had one claim, and NO ISSUES AT ALL. Stated value. I have 15 cars on my policy.

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

My former Tii was wrecked while parked and they came out and wanted to cut ne a check after assessment. I never put a claim in b/c the guy driving ended up paying thru his insurance (state farm). Also last September, I rear ended someone in my Bavaria and they totalled the car, gave me agreed stated value AND let me keep the car...go figure...[/url]

I'm assuming you guys don't use these cars as daily drivers? Their website says:

I agree that my vehicle(s) will be used mainly in exhibitions, club activities, parades and other functions of public interest and will not be used primarily for the transportation of passengers or goods.

I will drive mine for events, and every 3-4 weekends for spirited drives. They need to be able to stretch their legs! I have an E23 and an E28 on the policy too. I drive them a bit more, but still under my yearly mileage.

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

Thanks for the information on JC Taylor insurance. I have regular State Farm coverage on my tii but want to change to something with agreed upon value just in case.

Any tips on how to determine the value (other than the obvious of how much you paid for it)?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I have heard good things about JC Taylor, but when I looked into their fine print re: terms of usage and mileage restrictions... I found it too narrow for realistic use (even as non-daily driver). I am using AMIG (American Modern Insurance Group) which provides insurance for vintage cars for USAA members (but also others). They offered significantly better terms for about $15 or 20 more per year than JC Taylor. They were also willing to give group discounts to FAQ members if several of wanted to sign up, but when I posted about this possibility previously... no one seemed interested. Good luck with finding the right insurance for your needs.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst