• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rented a compact and got a sports car!

dubois

Only two cars left when I got in Orlando last night, a mini van and a stick shift (both for the same price as the compact), ok twist my arm, I"ll take the stick shift one: a Mazda RX8... nice, yes it is a sports car, nice...it's nice (add Borat enunciation here). These sports car rentals really get beat up! Working in a bodyshop, there was no space left on the sketch for previous damage! I am spoiled, a 02 would have been better, with AC of course, this place is a swamp!

FAQ Member # 91

Only two cars left when I got in Orlando last night, a mini van and a stick shift (both for the same price as the compact), ok twist my arm, I"ll take the stick shift one: a Mazda RX8... nice, yes it is a sports car, nice...it's nice (add Borat enunciation here). These sports car rentals really get beat up! Working in a bodyshop, there was no space left on the sketch for previous damage! I am spoiled, a 02 would have been better, with AC of course, this place is a swamp!

Dubois,

Lucky guy - when I get a rental "upgrade" I usually end up with something boring (Lincoln Town Car / Silverado Pickup) or weird (anyone remember the Pontiac Aztec?).

Enjoy the RX-8 - the car is nicely balanced and the rotary engine loves to rev.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

Dubois,

Lucky guy - when I get a rental "upgrade" I usually end up with something boring (Lincoln Town Car / Silverado Pickup) or weird (anyone remember the Pontiac Aztec?).

Enjoy the RX-8 - the car is nicely balanced and the rotary engine loves to rev.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

after driving it for 4 days, I think the car was a blast. I drove the model with 247 hp and six speed - I don't think I ever went into 4th! Can this car rev!!! Never driven a rotary engine, these things really spin. 7k rpms felt really good... wait 8.5k you get a warning beep and redline is not until 9K! The car felt really balanced and the limited slip works. Florida is soooo flat that I didn't have a chance to test the suspension. If there is one thing I didn't like, was the clutch - it made the car felt either on or off. This may have a double clutch technology. The back seats are really useable too. A practical sports car for around 30K, I think a good value. Would I trade my Porsche for it... neither my wife or I think so....

FAQ Member # 91