• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why hasn't this car sold?

dma

It's ugly.

;-)

And they painted the washer nozzles.

Cheers,

Ray

p.s. the dash looks like caca too! :-)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

....because it's a $6,000.oo car as it sits at the moment ??

re install the side body trim, front bumper, a respectible steering wheel

for a start and folks will be all over it. This is the problem with one man's vision vs the 'popular' classic desireable automobile and resale price.

p.s. - you will never recoup your restoration expenses !

and has the seller read the business section of any news paper lately ?

........much room for improvement before bringing to market

2iw2jxe.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

....because it's a $6,000.oo car as it sits at the moment ??

re install the side body trim, front bumper, a respectible steering wheel

for a start and folks will be all over it. This is the problem with one man's vision vs the 'popular' classic desireable automobile and resale price.

2iw2jxe.jpg

CD, you hit it right on the money - no pun intended. I agree 100%. Too personalized to sell. I am doing some things to my car to fit me - and the dog, and I understand will make the car less sellable, I have owned it for almost 10 years, and it has a "protected" status, so I don't care. Accordingly, if I ever "have" to let go, I will accept the loss.

FAQ Member # 91

i looked at this one when i was looking to purchase my first 02, its TOO molested and customized - in a tacky way, if you ask me. i got the current one in my signature for half the price, and is way cooler and almost equal condition.....

1970 02 Colorado Orange(sold)

1969 Charmonix 1600-2

For the same reasons my 74 hasn't sold:

1. The economy has taken the wind out of everyone's sales. Selling cars at a reasonable price is extremely difficult.

2. Customized cars are hard to sell. It takes a buyer willing to accept the same decisions the seller made. This is why you see some really great custom cars and hot rods at auctions go for a fraction of the cost to build them. The folks building the cars do it for enjoyment and not for a profit. I suspect the owner could sell this car for around $6K. But, he will probably lose so much money that he is having a hard time reconciling it.

3. Let's call the last reason "value for the money." Why would someone pay $11K for a 2002 when there are so many other options out there?

Brian

Irvine CA

Like so many others have said, it's a matter of personal style, and there is more general interest in a car that is closer to original, appearance wise. This car looks like a decent start towards a resto-mod, but the smoked lights just don't fit it. The lack of an air filter is worrisome, though, what does the oil look like, and why didn't they find a filter? What else important might they have skimped on?

vince