• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 in Central Texas

Essem.w

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1219573832.html

Not mine,

I went and looked at it yesterday and talked to the owner for a bit.

Car has the complete zender (?) box flair kit with sideskirts and front airdamn, a bit of rust on the drivers side frame rail near the peddle box and some rust on the front splitter. Front end looks good with no signs of nose repair or replacement, the owner mentioned that he bought it from the original owner and that his son had the car painted and the body kit added. (I could have misheard)

Paint is ok at 40ft, lot's of fish eye, filler cracks where the fiberglass meets the body in one location.

Runs great, starts right up and doesn't smoke one bit, it has a strong motor, strong brakes. weber two barrel carb could use a rebuild or tuning and second gear is abit resistant.

suspension is soft and mushy, okay for driving but anything spirited should be avoided. probably needs new tires.

This car is a bit more work than I wanted to take on, but it may be a good base for someone here.

Yupp, I've not been having much luck locally. I drove a a 70 yesterday that needed work but I just want to drive the thing, not work on it it every weekend. I have options but am having a hard time decided which car is the best for me.

The owner of the craigslist car mentioned that it was negotiable, I don't know how much though, he might be ready to move it.