• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bernie joins Max in the Nazi camp (updated) . . .

f1reverb

"In a lot of ways, terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was in the way that he could command a lot of people able to get things done."

Meaning that Hitler could lead people.....

It doesn't imply that Hitler himself got things done.

Hitler was a madman.....I don't agree with what happened almost 60 years ago, but I also don't agree with the twist the media puts on things to make them appear more horrific....

Condemning someones comments becaue the media doesn't know how to take notes and put their own spin on it....that's pathetic.

I think the editors and reporters at Autosport.com should go back to school.

I think it's the simple fact that he doesn't have the sense not to praise Hitler when he knows he's on the world stage. I'm sure I could have come up with a better antic-dote than the Hitler one.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21611.html

"Bernie's discussions of Hitler, Saddam Hussein and others really does Mosley no favours at all. And the suggestion that Hitler might not have been the man responsible for the Nazi outrages shows that Ecclestone has not read Mien Kampf which clearly laid out what Hitler intended to do and explained how he had become anti-Jewish. This was published in 1925, long before he came to power.

Inevitably Ecclestone's remarks about Hitler drew a strong reaction from Jewish groups and politicians on both sides of the house.

Stephen Pollard, the editor of the Jewish Chronicle, said that "Ecclestone is either an idiot or morally repulsive. Either he has no idea how stupid and offensive his views are or he does and deserves to be held in contempt by all decent people" . . .

http://www.thejc.com/articles/ecclestone-i-was-idiot-over-hitler

"He later told a German newspaper it was “a big misunderstanding" and, during a 30-minute interview with the JC at his Knightsbridge office, said: “I’m just sorry that I was an idiot. I sincerely, genuinely apologise.”

The remarks brought calls for his resignation from the president of the World Jewish Congress Ronald Lauder. And a senior German Jewish official called for him to be boycotted by Formula One teams. Dieter Graumann, a vice-president of the Central Council of Jews, said: “No team should work with him any more." . . .

This is a wonderful story for this weekend's German GP.

The (self confessed) idiot has convicted himself pretty strongly. He'll suffer the immediate consequences of his big mouth. All these representatives of various Jewish organizations need to let it die. "Blood, we want blood. Lets make sure he never works again. He doesn't deserve a future!"

He didn't kill any Jews. He made a stupid statement and is already suffering the consequenses.

It reminds me of the Imus thing...Kill him, kill him!!!

I'm so sick of political correctness. I don't under any circumstances agree with racism or anti-Semitism but the answer to a dumb-ass shooting off his mouth should NOT be to make sure their future is ruined. They've gone far enough towards that by their very actions.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©